Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe we're dicking them about.

Maybe we are - in that case I'd be even more naffed off.....the issues with our forward line were clear throughout the whole of last season - if we'd not got a list of 5-6 players lined up and ready to act on when the transfer embargo was lifted then you have to wonder whether the club has a clue what it's doing. If this one isn't happening (for whatever reason), look at the next on the list and see where that goes - as it is, we're going into a new season in a potentially weaker position than we finished the last one - that is just embarassing....

Maybe it's just me but we dont have one proper out and out winger at the club who is decent, why are people content with putting square pegs in round holes it's never ever worked , the club has had weeks to get a target in and now yet again are being arsed around with the fee with obviously no plan b to go to , I think it's very poor with the time we have had to be going into first game with no winger again . Is it me or is only the rams that seem to have this type of problem . 

Just now, NottsRammy said:

Maybe it's just me but we dont have one proper out and out winger at the club who is decent, why are people content with putting square pegs in round holes it's never ever worked , the club has had weeks to get a target in and now yet again are being arsed around with the fee with obviously no plan b to go to , I think it's very poor with the time we have had to be going into first game with no winger again . Is it me or is only the rams that seem to have this type of problem . 

You're aware we were under a soft embargo and so we haven't had ''weeks''. We've been limited in our ability to sign players because of the EFL.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe we are - in that case I'd be even more naffed off.....the issues with our forward line were clear throughout the whole of last season - if we'd not got a list of 5-6 players lined up and ready to act on when the transfer embargo was lifted then you have to wonder whether the club has a clue what it's doing. If this one isn't happening (for whatever reason), look at the next on the list and see where that goes - as it is, we're going into a new season in a potentially weaker position than we finished the last one - that is just embarassing....

How do you know we haven’t got a list of other targets and are moving on or just doing a deal that will be confirmed soon ? Can’t see why it’s embarrassing the club is doing its business without the world knowing (apart from leaks from Poland ) . Deadline is still away off 

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Again how do you know we don’t have a plan b ? Maybe the Grandsir is plan b ? 
A lot of folk getting hot under the collar when a bit of patience is required. 

I'm not going to read too much into this - it sounds very close. I would think the line a few more days to get it done is purely through the logistics. If it wasn't close and looked unlikely then he wouldn't suggest that a signing would be done in the next few days (after Reading). At least, I wouldn't think so. 

Just now, NottsRammy said:

Whatever happens now there not in place for the first game are they , that's crap planning . Yup been a soft embargo giving plenty of time to make a list up and give them the final offer 2 weeks ago , they dont take it move on , it's that damn simple . 

Oh yes, it's really fast to negotiate million pound moves for players their teams don't want to let go. How can you blame the club? We've been under embargo and we're trying to work within FFP rules. It's difficult and time consuming. 

Disappointed we aren’t going to be signing two forward players after this winger who is close. Would have liked a left footed right winger and a striker. Reckon it could be just a striker now with Waghorn out. 

Jozwiak can play off the left I read somewhere so maybe that will be his role with Tom on the left. 

11 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Whatever happens now there not in place for the first game are they , that's crap planning . Yup been a soft embargo giving plenty of time to make a list up and give them the final offer 2 weeks ago , they dont take it move on , it's that damn simple . 

Or something called “negotiation”.

If we have found what we consider a priority target, we give it time. Plenty of others sign up to the deadline.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cocu: “We will not be done with one winger and one defender.There is room for one more offensive player.”

If there's only one more attacking player coming in after the winger then it's probably gonna be a striker.

Id be disappointed with only 1 more attacking player after the winger, unless we're waiting on Jozefzoon to go to add a 2nd attacking player

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Id be disappointed with only 1 more attacking player after the winger, unless we're waiting on Jozefzoon to go to add a 2nd attacking player

Lawrence, Rooney, Waghorn, Jozwiak, extra 'forward' to be added to our attacking options, which we've missed from all games so far. Those are typically reliable players who you'd expect to be available for 90% of games. I don't see the space in the squad for another, unless you're undoing our good work so far by blocking the pathway for youngsters again.

Archived