Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If he was to go, what kind of fee do you think we could get? 

250k I would imagine.

It's a shame really because there is a half decent championship player there somewhere. Lampard almost brought it out of him but his injuries and the fact he has about as much intelligence as a toilet brush, it's kinda held him back a bit.

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That is a good bit of business if so then.

I think he is of more use to us if and it’s a big if he can stay fit, but of course if we bring in better it’s a different story and we may of course sell the likes of Lawrence and jafoozon if a decent bid came in. It’s a balancing act of what Cocu thinks he can get out of each player 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I think he is of more use to us if and it’s a big if he can stay fit, but of course if we bring in better it’s a different story ...

I think the money is more use to us, and he won't stay fit. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think the money is more use to us, and he won't stay fit. 

A fully fit Bennett is a great asset. If he stays, we all know he won't stay injury free. Managers decision. Wouldn't criticise for selling or keeping him. The money would help secure a season loan for a winger. 

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I mean he's been scoring important goals so I'd hope we'd push for a decent fee, they seem to rate him there so we shouldn't give him away.

Depends - if they're the only ones that want him, then I'd be tempted to take anything over £250K. My opinion is that we need to move him on - put a decent sell-on fee in the deal (on the off chance that he finally learns how to warm up properly and manages to put a string of games together tempting someone else to take a punt on him) and job's a good-un....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Depends - if they're the only ones that want him, then I'd be tempted to take anything over £250K. My opinion is that we need to move him on - put a decent sell-on fee in the deal (on the off chance that he finally learns how to warm up properly and manages to put a string of games together tempting someone else to take a punt on him) and job's a good-un....

I'd be disappointed to get less than 500k for him to be honest, he played under Lampard and did well. Put in a solid performance in a playoff semi-final that helped turn the tie, not like he was scratching around for goals at the low end of the table.

On 23/07/2020 at 21:20, JfR said:

I think the buy option Millwall have is for £500k

Does anybody know if there’s an expiry date on this clause in Bennett’s loan deal? The season is over, later than anybody expected when Bennett went on loan to Millwall, but over nevertheless.

Archived