Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Think you will find Lowe played at Wolves when Bent scored that stunner 

He played even earlier than that.

Cardiff away when Chris Powell was caretaker boss?

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Lampard gave Lowe his league debut.

And if you allow Bogle in your list, you should allow Roos too.  Both cost a small fee to bring them into the youth setup.

Roos was signed as a 22(?) year old as a backup GK. Bogle was signed for the U18s aged 16. Bit of a difference. 
Luke Thomas was a borderline one as he was 17 and played just a handful of games for the U18s before moving to the U23s, followed by a loan to Coventry. 

9 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

In which case I seem to have misunderstood your post Mucker , for which I apologise sincerely , I stand by my point that people seem far too impatient with the current situation,  I realise now that you are of the same persuasion as myself. I am an old fart who remembers better times , times when we regularly turned over the top dogs , those times can not be reproduced by constant change of management,  it takes a leap of faith to back a manager for a period of time when others call for his head , I feel we are in the process of building something at our club , I hope our followers will recognise the fact and not be so quick as to dismiss the good work being done.  COYR !!

No apology needed my friend... although the acknowledgement is appreciated.  The day I'm seen as impatient, or a serial moaner, is the day I am well and truly out of here!  ?

Keep standing by your point... I'm standing right beside you!   ???

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

Poor @Mucker1884 keeps being wrongly accused of moaning lately! Don't worry matey some of us quite enjoy your eccentric brand of humour ?

Thanks bud.

Don't feel too sorry for me though... I keep getting misunderstood in real life too just lately, so maybe I bring it on mysel... nah... can't be... forget that!  ??

12 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Thought Thomas went for over £1m didn't he?

Seriously though  you do have a point we do have sticky point with the youngsters and it is not just in recent times, the fruits of recent labours look good and as a championship team competing with the bigger boys with a much larger budget at u23 and u18 we are in the 9/10 area.

Whether it can be beneficial to the first team remains to be seen.

Yes thomas went for 1.2 mil but alot more if he does well ie sometimes the young lads go for pretty small fees but have large sell on clauses if they do well and move on.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Doesn't Seem very relevant.

what was the cost of developing them v the income received in transfer fees?

Apart from Hanson, who doesn’t currently make the first team at Oxford, they all went for nothing didn’t they?

Less of a cost per players more the cost to run the academy however im sure i read somewhere that any one player if signed at say 9yrs old right through to u23 cost in the region of 250k each in development.could be wrong tho.

2 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Youth maybe the long term game but with the potential of this investment this may change the objectives some what in the short to medium term

This is a valid point and an interesting one too. It could be argued that if a sudden embarrassment of riches befell us then some signings may block the progress of promising youth players but I think Cocu is a bit of a shrewdie and given his 4 year contract, will show patience enough to replace senior players who don't cut the mustard before recruiting to fill positions where the likes of Whitaker, Sibley, Knight et al may prove themselves Championship quality or better. Doing otherwise seems counter-intuitive to his whole ethos.

I'd expect to see a lot more first team outings for these lads next season at which point they'll sink or swim. A team loaded with really talented young'uns, all hungry for success like Bogle, Lowe, Bielik and the aforementioned is a prospect to savour, especially if some real quality is added using the investment funds too.

15 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Lampard gave Lowe his league debut.

And if you allow Bogle in your list, you should allow Roos too.  Both cost a small fee to bring them into the youth setup.

If, when they were acquired, they were multiple years away from playing first team football anywhere (not on loan), and training under the academy coaches during that time - I think its fair to see they came through our academy. 

However, I think Roos might be an exception to this - as he was 22 or 23 when we acquired him and I think has trained with the first team goalkeepers his whole time here, even when he was playing in the youth team. I might be wrong though.

8 hours ago, admira said:

I hope these net worth figures aren't right or the new investment won't be much:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/906871587/MR-HENRY-ISAK-GABAY/summary

Have the European consortium rumours been ruled out yet? They were a few months back and we havent had any suggestion that thete was any truth in them, but this chso might not be on his own. 

40 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Described as "net worth". 

That's the value of the hedge fund he runs, I'd assume.

He's a partner in that, not the owner. 

Typically he'd charge 1-2% of any initial investment, and 20% of any profit made, per year.

All will become clear soon enough I'd assume, but the Athletic are suggesting the investment to come can be measured in single figure millions.

I'd think that would be a initial investment mind, I don't see why a charge would be leveled if it was a sponsorship.

Archived