Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Josh said:

Will be nothing decent. Just annoys me how Wolves, who are similarily sized club to ourselves  get mega rich owners and we don’t seem to get anything.

Wolves were in League One the other year, now they’re in Europe. 

1 - they got themselves a good manager 

2 - they got themselves the biggest agent in the world who could get every next star from Portugal for only a loan fee 

3 - they had no opposition! Including us 

4 - they didn’t buy Butterfield Johnson Blackman Camara Or Anya for £20 million plus 3-4 year contracts or send away talent like Hughes Bryson and Martin for a lot less than they were worth to us 

all just my opinion mind 

I hoped that Brett Wilson could be brought back on board. He's very wealthy, and obviously gained a love for the club. If he could be convinced to return, with a bigger commitment then I think that he would be the type of person Mel is looking for. Obviously I don't know how their personal relationship ended.

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

1 - they got themselves a good manager 

2 - they got themselves the biggest agent in the world who could get every next star from Portugal for only a loan fee 

3 - they had no opposition! Including us 

4 - they didn’t buy Butterfield Johnson Blackman Camara Or Anya for £20 million plus 3-4 year contracts or send away talent like Hughes Bryson and Martin for a lot less than they were worth to us 

all just my opinion mind 

Successfully running a football club is so easy when you state things as simplistically as that.

On 24/10/2019 at 21:45, Gritty said:

1. In his first season we had McClaren. That was good

2. Season with Clement / Wassall (and the splurge on Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman) was not good in terms of investment or style of play

3. The following season we had Pearson (disastrous) and then McClaren (who rescued us, brought back good football, and was then sacked), then we were introduced to Rowett ball.

4. Rowett football was dire. Awful season

5. Lampard season was excellent 

Cocu season too early to tell.

I enjoyed football under McClaren and Lampard. I'll give Cocu time. We've had 2.5 decent seasons out of 5 entertainment wise (McLaren and Lampard)

Lampard season was excellent ??? We had 2 England internationals in our team, as well as Wilson and still got dicked loads of times away... 

it was a decent season but highlights papered over a lot of poor performances. 

40 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Lampard season was excellent ??? We had 2 England internationals in our team, as well as Wilson and still got dicked loads of times away... 

it was a decent season but highlights papered over a lot of poor performances. 

Good post. His season wasn’t excellent, but there were so many memorable moments it was entertaining plus he took cups seriously. Some poor performances but overall Frank did a solid job for us. 

34 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So is this investment still 'close'?

John Percy claims it is close, Mel even said t'other night that it was close.

No doubt Percy will have spoke to Mel the same time as interviewing Cocu.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was all done and dusted and it won't be officially announced until the end of January, so that clubs don't bump up their asking prices on players.

On 25/10/2019 at 18:13, TimRam said:

4. Reached playoffs won first leg of semi final.

Beat Leeds and stopped them going up ..........................

PRICELESS!

If we had beaten Villa at Wembley some of us might now have been doing time in the Tower of London!

Don't go losing your head anyone!

Archived