Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RamontheMoor said:

All gone quiet on this front - any news?

We had investors fly over from America to sign but we changed the prices after they landed. And every mention in the media since about investment stems from the original articles buildIng up to this “almost” story. 

That’s why it’s gone quiet. We’re back to square one (in my opinion). 

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

We had investors fly over from America to sign but we changed the prices after they landed. And every mention in the media since about investment stems from the original articles buildIng up to this “almost” story. 

That’s why it’s gone quiet. We’re back to square one (in my opinion). 

Mel has spoken about investment being close, I dont think he is referring to that particular group of investors.

54 minutes ago, cosmic said:

How long ago did he say that? Before or after those investors came over?

I am sure he said it after the American thing, because I remember being rather deflated after hearing a potential take over deal had fallen through.

Steve Nicholson (I know I know), said he thinks the investment will be in place by the end of the year.  With Steve, if he knows something, he will never give you the details, but will always say 'wide of the mark' if something isn't true.  Someone asked him in one of his Q&A's about potential Chinese investment, he certainly didn't say his usual line "that isn't the case, from what I understand".

I am in no way ITK on this subject and this is just opinion, but it wouldn't suprise me if the ink was dry on a deal and nothing will be announced until the EFA and Keogh things blow over.

Any potential investor would want to be as closely associated with Wayne Rooney as possible, it would be great to announce a new backer just in time for the proper arrival of Wayne Rooney, the start of a new era.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

Allegedly. (or have I missed confirmation?)

This story never really ran true for me.  The one thing Mel has been consistent about in public has been the need to find the right partner, something he has admitted has been difficult to achieve.  So we now have the right person/group, with funds, willing to keep Mel in a senior role.......and Mel decides to play chicken with them on the deal ?  If they went for it, that wouldn't be a great start to a business relationship.

I know nothing about the status of this, so the story could be completely true, just sounds wrong.

More likely, for me, was waiting for the approval of Rooney's sponsorship deal (guess done now as he signed) and/or ground sale investigation - I guess this needs to be completed by Jan 1. (seems silly having a transfer embargo for part of a transfer window - but then it is the EFL?!)

2 hours ago, U.M. said:

Allegedly. (or have I missed confirmation?)

This story never really ran true for me.  The one thing Mel has been consistent about in public has been the need to find the right partner, something he has admitted has been difficult to achieve.  So we now have the right person/group, with funds, willing to keep Mel in a senior role.......and Mel decides to play chicken with them on the deal ?  If they went for it, that wouldn't be a great start to a business relationship.

I know nothing about the status of this, so the story could be completely true, just sounds wrong.

More likely, for me, was waiting for the approval of Rooney's sponsorship deal (guess done now as he signed) and/or ground sale investigation - I guess this needs to be completed by Jan 1. (seems silly having a transfer embargo for part of a transfer window - but then it is the EFL?!)

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-mel-morris-sale-3423105

This is the DET running with the original story from the S*n. I have absolutely no idea how much weight that adds to it because a) the source is the S*n, and b) the DET are desperate for content and clicks. On the other hand, do the DET ever share news unless "it is understood" by Steve Nicholson..? He certainly didn't say reports were "wide of the mark".

I don't know. You may be right. Just seems a bit funny how two blokes stood down from the board with a view of making way for the investors (DCFC officially reported this as "a 'natural step' in anticipation of potential investment coming into the club"), then a couple of days later this story comes out. Seems plausible.

Of course all we can do is wait and see if investment is coming soon or not, but I think it's no coincidence talk has cooled over the last month or so.

Archived