Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

If he can take a corner properly I would settle for that alone. Our corners are effectively goal kicks and have been since idiakez left! 

Now you're talking!

I have the most fond memories of Idiakez, and his dead ball wizardry...

940C5D43-B13D-743E-A309B1DC024DC2ED.jpg

21 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't agree actually, when Rooney was younger he was very quick. To compare him to Pirlo is a bit weird. Pirlo was always about footballing brain and speed of thought, Rooney relies a lot on physicality. They're completely different. 

Rooney also relies on an innate born with skill set, very view are blessed with.

In recent times only Ronnie, Messi and Iniesta are better imho.

I do think he will make a huge impact over the next 18 months. Really looking forward to him working with Martin and Marriott.

On 24/10/2019 at 22:27, Ramslad1992 said:

Look at Pirlo... at Rooney’s age he was winning league titles galore with Juventus. If you’re good enough age is just a number, Ronaldo is 6 months older than Rooney.

As I said, I hope Rooney will bring something to the club on the pitch. Not sure about the comparisons with Ronaldo and Pirlo. 

16 hours ago, Gritty said:

Eh? We've failed to get promoted every year. How is that excellent?

He's spent a fortune and we're no further on.

We have been in the lottery of the top 6 most seasons battling against parachute payments of others whilst having two managers move on to bigger and better things apparently and one that went all Tommy Docherty on the team ! ( Pearson for those that don’t know)

On 23/10/2019 at 17:53, sage said:

Next summer we should be able to go again on the investment front after 2 sensible summers. 

Happy days. Can't wait to spunk more multi millions on bang average players on huge contracts then wait another 3 years to try and exit them from the club and another period of austerity whilst Morris or another incumbent tries to devise more cunning ways to circumnavigate the FFP rules 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Happy days. Can't wait to spunk more multi millions on bang average players on huge contracts then wait another 3 years to try and exit them from the club and another period of austerity whilst Morris or another incumbent tries to devise more cunning ways to circumnavigate the FFP rules 

Maybe you shouldn't wait, then? There are 90 other PL/EFL teams who would welcome your unwavering support. 

I hope this investment results in structural changes to the club and a consistent philosophy in line with the models adopted by Swansea, Southampton etc. When this doesn't work, then we obviously should have followed the model adopted by whoever else is currently successful. This will be probably be Sheffield United, unless they get relegated, in which case it should be Norwich. 

Or Brighton.

No wait, Wolves. They've got it right haven't they?

Good luck Mel!

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hark at you. Who stole the caramel out of your stroopwafel? 

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hi Nigel. 

23 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

Rooney also relies on an innate born with skill set, very view are blessed with.

In recent times only Ronnie, Messi and Iniesta are better imho.

I do think he will make a huge impact over the next 18 months. Really looking forward to him working with Martin and Marriott.

Rooney and marriott partnership will be the 1 even I do like the thought of marriott and Martin 

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Rooney and marriott partnership will be the 1 even I do like the thought of marriott and Martin 

You mean the thought of Rooney & Marriott? I bet we see as much of that as we do of Martin & Marriott - why didn't we see them today?

On 26/10/2019 at 08:51, Tyler Durden said:

I don't classify support as condoning the mis management and ill investment of millions of pounds but that's just me 

bore off , Derby fans like you make me sick , hanging around on this forum , waiting for a bad result , bad news story , or certain players form, so that you can kick the club / owner / player when they need support more than ever , stop picking holes in everything and muck raking old stories and support the club like you profess you do

20 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

bore off , Derby fans like you make me sick , hanging around on this forum , waiting for a bad result , bad news story , or certain players form, so that you can kick the club / owner / player when they need support more than ever , stop picking holes in everything and muck raking old stories and support the club like you profess you do

Eh? Seemed quite a good point to me.

21 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

You dont have to be positive all the time to be a supporter - such a weird thing to say. You can express concern if you wish - it doesnt make anyone any less of a fan. If you only want to read happy clapper nonsense i've no idea why you would want to frequent a discussion forum. 

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Having a bad day?

My total hunch with potential investment is that any new investor will be local, no chinese/Arab money, but a local businessman, someone probably connected to the club previously.

I can imagine it being a Gadsby or Kirkland (family) that part invest and use their building firms to renovate Pride park and build the fan park without it impacted the club financially in anyway.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My total hunch with potential investment is that any new investor will be local, no chinese/Arab money, but a local businessman, someone probably connected to the club previously.

I can imagine it being a Gadsby or Kirkland (family) that part invest and use their building firms to renovate Pride park and build the fan park without it impacted the club financially in anyway.

I don’t think they have the amount of funds realistically needed to take us forward tbh.

Plus, don’t forget the club doesn’t own the ground, so any improvements would impact the grounds owner. 

Archived