Investment Close

LB_DCFC

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My total hunch with potential investment is that any new investor will be local, no chinese/Arab money, but a local businessman, someone probably connected to the club previously.

I can imagine it being a Gadsby or Kirkland (family) that part invest and use their building firms to renovate Pride park and build the fan park without it impacted the club financially in anyway.

Kirkland just stepped down as a director, so I doubt his family will be doing anything. Gadsby maybe, but he isn't going to be able to afford to buy the club outright for £60mill or even part buy it and then cover the constant loss that Mel does. Do we have many other wealthy businessmen in Derby? Does John Bloor have any interest in football - someone try and convince him if not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Kirkland just stepped down as a director, so I doubt his family will be doing anything. Gadsby maybe, but he isn't going to be able to afford to buy the club outright for £60mill or even part buy it and then cover the constant loss that Mel does. Do we have many other wealthy businessmen in Derby? Does John Bloor have any interest in football - someone try and convince him if not.

I remember a year or so a go a story cropped up with a Mr Steve McClaren who had been tasked by some very wealthy people to buy a football club.

Funnily enough when we got Cocu I had a feeling that McClaren had something to do with it somewhere along the lines, it couldn't be could it? ?

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember a year or so a go a story cropped up with a Mr Steve McClaren who had been tasked by some very wealthy people to buy a football club.

Funnily enough when we got Cocu I had a feeling that McClaren had something to do with it somewhere along the lines, it couldn't be could it? ?

Would only make sense... Dutch Revolution and all that...

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I don’t think they have the amount of funds realistically needed to take us forward tbh.

Plus, don’t forget the club doesn’t own the ground, so any improvements would impact the grounds owner. 

This for me is and always will be an issue.

What kind of investment group or new owner would want to buy a football club without owning the biggest asset going. It does concern me. I get why it was done, dont get me wrong, but going forward to the future it could and will lead to difficulties. I will be much more happier when its sold back to the club for £1.99

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

interpreter? ?

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It must be soon I would imagine? Thing is with Mel, it wouldn't surprise me if it was all done and dusted and Mel will just announce it when he is good and ready.

It's not done and dusted. Definitely not as close as is being reported, anyway. 

Archived