Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've just read the article, it seems that one guy tried to forge his way into the club with a fake document saying he had €70m in a bank that didn't exist. It's a crazy world out there. Not entirely sure what he was hoping to get out of it. 

Let's hope that the new guy comes in with the big money and we can go back to signing the Johnson's, Butterfield's and Blackman's of this world! 

It’s a consortium and the word on the street is they have £170 m in their back pocket. 

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s a consortium and the word on the street is they have £170 m in their back pocket. 

I wonder if that means they are valued at £170 million between them, or they are ready to invest that amount.

For that £170 I imagine that buys a decent chunk of the club, buys back the stadium and adds some form of sponsorship to the stadium, which would then help us invest on the field, I think?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wonder if that means they are valued at £170 million between them, or they are ready to invest that amount.

For that £170 I imagine that buys a decent chunk of the club, buys back the stadium and adds some form of sponsorship to the stadium, which would then help us invest on the field, I think?

"Back pocket" implies money ready to use; rather than someone's total value.

I assume that term has been used deliberately 

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Does anyone have any idea of how much MM bought the club for?

Nae - he bought a 22% stake in 2014, with no fees disclosed - and then bought the majority a year later. Undisclosed as well.

I believe the last time a fee was mentioned was when GSE bought us for, iirc, £50m; which was described as kinda cheap at the time. With the amount of investment that has gone in since, the growth in image and then inflation too, you'd have to imagine we're at worth at least 3 times that - even without the stadium.

Will be nothing decent. Just annoys me how Wolves, who are similarily sized club to ourselves  get mega rich owners and we don’t seem to get anything.

Wolves were in League One the other year, now they’re in Europe. 

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Will be nothing decent. Just annoys me how Wolves, who are similarily sized club to ourselves  get mega rich owners and we don’t seem to get anything.

Mel has always maintained that the next deal for Derby has to be the right one, this next step is huge, I cannot see Mel getting in new investors if they didn't have the finance or share his ambition.

If he was selling up completely then I would be a bit apprehensive as it could indicate he has had enough and wants his investment back, the fact he wants to stick around and see the job through leaves me in no doubt, this next move will be a positive one.

All we can do is trust Mel.

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

That was just fortunate timing.

The Chinese president had just started his campaign to turn China into a football superpower and had gone off on one about how Chinese business should be more involved in European football.

So Fosun decided to have a look at what was available and a stable option in terms of fanbase, location, infrastructure was readily available (announced for sale a few months earlier) in England for the very low-risk price of £45m. 

For Wolves, the stars aligned.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Hi Josh, do you work for Dyson or have you perfected 'Moodhoover' in your spare time? 

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"Mel is close to agreeing an investment partnership" John Percy.

Interesting times.

Do we think this is still the case, or did Percy just reference the same story from weeks ago when those Americans flew over and it fell through at the last minute? We were “close” then. 

Archived