Investment Close

LB_DCFC

4 hours ago, Davide said:

Good post. His season wasn’t excellent, but there were so many memorable moments it was entertaining plus he took cups seriously. Some poor performances but overall Frank did a solid job for us. 

Once and for all i will weigh up the fantastic/ poor performances.

FANTASTIC

Manchester United 2 - 2 Derby
West Brom 1 - 4 Derby
Norwich 3 - 4 Derby
Derby 3 - 1 West Brom (At a push)
Leeds 2 - 4 Derby
Derby 2 - 1 Sheffield United (At a push)
Bristol City 0 - 2 Derby

AWFUL

Derby 1 - 4 Leeds
Millwall 2 - 1 Derby
Rotherham 1 - 0 Derby
Bolton 1 - 0 Derby
Derby 0 - 3 Aston Villa
Sheffield United 3-1 Derby
Leeds 2 - 0 Derby
Ipswich 1 - 1 Derby
Brighton 2 - 1 Derby (We was terrible, even though they are prem)
Derby 0 - 1 Millwall
Forest 1 - 0 Derby
Aston Villa 4 - 0 Derby
Aston Villa 2-1 Derby

The rest fall between poor and good.

The season was something to build on for Frank Lampard. He did what he came to do. Except he was brought in for stability.

It was far from excellent. So frustrating in most parts.

And i'm not having that the season before was awful.. there was much more excitement under Rowett than people give him credit for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How does an investment help us if we are already close to the FFP limit? (Unless we were to get promoted)

For 1, it takes pressure from Mel, he is single handedly trying to keep the club afloat (and competitive), to the share the burden helps Mel.

Secondly, the fact that this investment is being described as an investment 'partnership', it wouldn't surprise me if this involves some lucrative sponsorship deal for the stadium. I know the stadium isn't ours, but Mel is a clever man and I trust him to ensure the readies are available for Derby to spend.

54 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I thought the stadium sale brought us well within FFP?

17/18 accounts had the profit from stadium.

18/19 has gone

19/20 we are in now. 

So maybe we have the Jan transfer window plus the summer next year until June 30th to take advantage? £39 million loss over three years permitted - if we spent big we only hurt ourselves once 17/18 has left the cycle.

This is why it confuses me how it helps unless it is genuinely to help Mel support his losses?

49 minutes ago, rammieib said:

18/19 has gone

19/20 we are in now. 

So maybe we have the Jan transfer window plus the summer next year until June 30th to take advantage? £39 million loss over three years permitted - if we spent big we only hurt ourselves once 17/18 has left the cycle.

This is why it confuses me how it helps unless it is genuinely to help Mel support his losses?

Not advocating it but if we spent again to the max how much do we have available in January?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

18/19 has gone

19/20 we are in now. 

Everytime there's a big ffp discussion I try to swot up, but once the discussion dies down I forget most of what I read. However, I think there's something about being able to go over the limit by a small amount each year as long as the owner pays off the difference.
I may have misread something and be misremembering, so don't take that as any kind of truth - but it might spark input from someone who's read the rules more recently.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Everytime there's a big ffp discussion I try to swot up, but once the discussion dies down I forget most of what I read. However, I think there's something about being able to go over the limit by a small amount each year as long as the owner pays off the difference.
I may have misread something and be misremembering, so don't take that as any kind of truth - but it might spark input from someone who's read the rules more recently.

There certainly used to be 2 limits, a much lower one that could be funded by debt and placed on the club, and a much higher one that had to be invested via equity, with no further debt on the club.

Unsure how the rules are now, but it's all on Morris and not the club as far as I'm aware.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

There certainly used to be 2 limits, a much lower one that could be funded by debt and placed on the club, and a much higher one that had to be invested via equity, with no further debt on the club.

Unsure how the rules are now, but it's all on Morris and not the club as far as I'm aware.

Lower = £15m. 
Higher = £39m

15 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Once and for all i will weigh up the fantastic/ poor performances.

FANTASTIC

Manchester United 2 - 2 Derby
West Brom 1 - 4 Derby
Norwich 3 - 4 Derby
Derby 3 - 1 West Brom (At a push)
Leeds 2 - 4 Derby
Derby 2 - 1 Sheffield United (At a push)
Bristol City 0 - 2 Derby

AWFUL

Derby 1 - 4 Leeds
Millwall 2 - 1 Derby
Rotherham 1 - 0 Derby
Bolton 1 - 0 Derby
Derby 0 - 3 Aston Villa
Sheffield United 3-1 Derby
Leeds 2 - 0 Derby
Ipswich 1 - 1 Derby
Brighton 2 - 1 Derby (We was terrible, even though they are prem)
Derby 0 - 1 Millwall
Forest 1 - 0 Derby
Aston Villa 4 - 0 Derby
Aston Villa 2-1 Derby

The rest fall between poor and good.

The season was something to build on for Frank Lampard. He did what he came to do. Except he was brought in for stability.

It was far from excellent. So frustrating in most parts.

And i'm not having that the season before was awful.. there was much more excitement under Rowett than people give him credit for.

He got to playoff final so must have been more positive than negative. 

6 hours ago, Davide said:

He got to playoff final so must have been more positive than negative. 

Not necessarily.

Under Billy Davies we got promoted on the back of a whole season of pretty mediocre performances - a season of 1-0 wins basically - I don't remember once being entertained. The level of performance doesn't necessarily translate to the result, that's what makes football interesting.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Not necessarily.

Under Billy Davies we got promoted on the back of a whole season of pretty mediocre performances - a season of 1-0 wins basically - I don't remember once being entertained. The level of performance doesn't necessarily translate to the result, that's what makes football interesting.

They weren’t mediocre performances, not entertaining overall maybe, although I remember a 5-0 win and a couple of other games that were up there, but mediocre, not having that.

That team was built on a solid defence and team ethics, the team executed the instructions perfectly, to say they were mediocre for me is wide of the mark.

10 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

They weren’t mediocre performances, not entertaining overall maybe, although I remember a 5-0 win and a couple of other games that were up there, but mediocre, not having that.

That team was built on a solid defence and team ethics, the team executed the instructions perfectly, to say they were mediocre for me is wide of the mark.

I was bored outta my mind, that's all I remember. I was young though. 

42 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Think it was Colchester at home. 5 - 1.

My car broke down on the way home. 

22 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Not advocating it but if we spent again to the max how much do we have available in January?

I’m not a finance expert on this but possibly around 15-20 on a 3-year rolling.

The massive issue with that though and why it’s financial suicide - the year after we would have to be close on break even if we don’t achieve promotion.... and I think we now know that spending doesn’t guarantee anything.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I was bored outta my mind, that's all I remember. I was young though. 

I enjoyed that season, not because of the football played but just that the expectations were so low and the atmosphere at away matches were electric.

Archived