Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

Just now, Derbyram1 said:

I just wish i was as puritanical as you, i bet you have never done anything remotely illegal in your life have you.

People deserve second chances and i for one will give them my support and backing if the club see fit to play them again in the near future (which they will).

And you're welcome to have that opinion. And to share it on here. Same as me. You don't see me attacking your opinion asking why you're posting it, so don't do the same with me. It's just a bit twattish, isn't it? 

For the record, I have never done anything remotely close to drink driving or anything that would see me get jail time. Hope this helps.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

And you're welcome to have that opinion. And to share it on here. Same as me. You don't see me attacking your opinion asking why you're posting it, so don't do the same with me. It's just a bit twattish, isn't it? 

For the record, I have never done anything remotely close to drink driving or anything that would see me get jail time. Hope this helps.

Well good for you....in that case feel free to boo the next game they play, that of course is such a productive thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know if this employment law covers all basis, but... if someone/anyone picks up or endures a medical condition that means they effectively can't do the job they're employed to do, it's within the company's right to terminate that person's employment. I'd imagine the club will have sufficient grounds to terminate the contracts of all three players. Unfortunately, due to FFP, it is likely to have a huge impact on us as we lose their asset value overnight. 

I guess it all depends on what their assest value is? Dont think Keogh's would be too much at the age of 33? His asset value would be straight off but so would his wages? So if we was on 30k a week (as an example) that would also be instantly £1.56m a year off the wage bill - is his asset value higher than that? Not sure how it works

Just now, Derbyram1 said:

Assume you will be booing Wayne Rooney as well then?

Nope, what Rooney did was equally as reprehensible, but he did it for another club, 2 years ago, and nobody got hurt (luckily). The crime is the same, but it's also been 2 years. If Rooney does it again for Derby, then I certainly would. But I'd like to believe he would have learned his lesson.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Nope, what Rooney did was equally as reprehensible, but he did it for another club, 2 years ago, and nobody got hurt (luckily). The crime is the same, but it's also been 2 years. If Rooney does it again for Derby, then I certainly would. But I'd like to believe he would have learned his lesson.

Fair enough.

29 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

If it’s deemed gross misconduct then they can be sacked without prior issues or opportunity to improve.

Oddly I don't think they'd get gross misconduct to stick - Because it took place outside the workplace

Bringing the employer into disrepute a much simpler and usually easier to prove (assuming you don't have a history as an employer of letting people get away with these things)

26 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I don't know how people can forgive a drink driver or anybody that doesn't try to stop it. 

I don't personally and will always and forever judge the three of them as idiots

However - I also believe in the rule of law, punishment and rehabilitation 

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’ll never play for us again regardless how lenient the club is with that level of injury. Would think there’s ground for dismissal in getting recklessly injured like that. I’d sack him right now.

Sky ran an article saying there might be insurance issues around sacking him - Mind you the insurance might not pay out anyway according to the article

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I completely intend to, and every other game they play for us after that. 

I can see it now. Lawrence scores the winner against Forest in the play off final and Andicis stands by his holier than thou principles and continues to boo.

Save the booing for the pantomine. That's the only place it's ever appropriate.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I can see it now. Lawrence scores the winner against Forest in the play off final and Andicis stands by his holier than thou principles and continues to boo.

Save the booing for the pantomine. That's the only place it's ever appropriate.

It's not holier than thou. They could have killed an innocent person due to arrogance and stupidity. Would you be defending them if they had? And considering they only didn't because they got lucky, I think it's a fair point. Why the duck because they're footballers should they be let off the hook? 

In my opinion what the lads did was idiotic however I don't consider them to be idiots.  I've done some idiotic things in the past but there's no way I am an idiot! ÀThere is a difference. I also will not be booing these players if or when they come back as I don't feel that will help the team as a whole. If those lads have learnt from what they have done and show remorse then I will forgive and draw a line under the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Only defence is if he was passed out drunk really and was just chucked in, we should wait for the rest of the facts really before we start ending contracts 

Here here. His main crime could just be getting so drunk he didn't know what was going on and just got into any old car.

I assume all the people hating on him have never drank to excess, or else they would realise you don't make very good decisions when drunk.

Most people are now hard wired to not drive when smashed. Getting into car without breathalysing the driver is not.

34 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

jeeeeze. It's getting a bit heated in here. 

Remember, before you start name calling another poster, you are essentially calling your computer. You know absolutely nothing about the other poster.

Loads of it on here.you have an opinion and get called names! Lol. It's pathetic

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Here here. His main crime could just be getting so drunk he didn't know what was going on and just got into any old car.

I assume all the people hating on him have never drank to excess, or else they would realise you don't make very good decisions when drunk.

Most people are now hard wired to not drive when smashed. Getting into car without breathalysing the driver is not.

his main crime is that he got so drunk that he didn't recognize that the colleagues he leads as captain were putting themselves in danger.  I would have hoped that some time before he lost any sort of control his instincts would have kicked in.  They didn't and it is ironic that he has unluckily been seriously injured.  I can only speak for myself;  I am not a hater but it is clear that he is no leader.  He could and should have stopped this.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

It's not holier than thou. They could have killed an innocent person due to arrogance and stupidity. Would you be defending them if they had? And considering they only didn't because they got lucky, I think it's a fair point. Why the duck because they're footballers should they be let off the hook? 

I'm not defending them but, if the club decide to retain their services after they've taken their punishment (which may even be a prison sentence), shown appropriate remorse, recognise how lucky they and the general public were and do something appropriate with the community trust then I won't be booing them (but I never boo. As I say, that's just for pantomime villains). I may refrain from applauding them too vigorously but not booing.

I think my reaction will largely be dependent on how they respond (assuming they're found guilty of course). I reckon the best thing they could do is come out with some kind of joint statement after the court case expressing their deep regrets for how stupid/lucky etc. they were. I'm not saying that would make it alright but it's a step in the right direction.

Incidentally, did you boo a certain recent manager caught (I believe) doing 90mph in a 50mph zone back in 2010? Potentially as dangerous as drink driving.  

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

why has he been the most frustrating? Simply cos he's our best (most talented) player. I sincerely hope this whole episode is like a shock to his system and he somehow reaches potential.

Btw, if you think he's been more frustrating than Roos, Josefzoon, Huddlestone, Malone and to some extent Marriott, you should put the crackpipe down! ? 

don't care whatever GIF

Archived