Keogh out for the season

RoyMac5

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I know he’s made a serious error of judgement and failed to behave like a club captain, but I’m absolutely gutted for him.  He’s a human being and he’s cocked up, but he’s got such passion for this club and now his career here is more than likely over.  I really feel for him.

If he had that much passion for the club, he'd have left at 8pm.

I really don't know how you 'feel for him' when he's let himself, his family, employer and supporters down in a big way. Even if he was unconscious before getting in the car, he shouldn't have been drinking like that just 3/4 days before a game. 

What pi55es me off the most is that we turn up to games expecting a fully committed performance from players after paying a big sum of money to watch, and probably unknown to us, they are getting pi55ed days before a game and god knows what else they are shoving in their body.

Let's face it, if they hadn't have crashed, we'd have just thought Lawrence was having another off day.

Gutted.

A fans favorite who has let himself down like that, he wont be back on the pitch in a rams shirt again. Those 3 have let MM down massively and i hope they do get sacked for it. 33 year old club captain should be responsible for looking after the squad on and off the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If he had that much passion for the club, he'd have left at 8pm.

I really don't know how you 'feel for him' when he's let himself, his family, employer and supporters down in a big way. Even if he was unconscious before getting in the car, he shouldn't have been drinking like that just 3/4 days before a game. 

What pi55es me off the most is that we turn up to games expecting a fully committed performance from players after paying a big sum of money to watch, and probably unknown to us, they are getting pi55ed days before a game and god knows what else they are shoving in their body.

Let's face it, if they hadn't have crashed, we'd have just thought Lawrence was having another off day.

I’ve said it already… but Saturday’s man of the match was there after 8, scored and set one up too… 

People know their own bodies 

13 minutes ago, ramjit said:

I’ll single who I want out moistone..no need to shout.lawrence has been the most frustrating player this season,who are you his therapist ?

why has he been the most frustrating? Simply cos he's our best (most talented) player. I sincerely hope this whole episode is like a shock to his system and he somehow reaches potential.

Btw, if you think he's been more frustrating than Roos, Josefzoon, Huddlestone, Malone and to some extent Marriott, you should put the crackpipe down! ? 

1 hour ago, KCG said:

No, employers have to act reasonably and according to employment law. Unless, he has a record of poor behaviour then he has to be given an opportunity to improve!

I do think there has been a lot of hypocrisy from some posters. I doubt there are very few angels

If it’s deemed gross misconduct then they can be sacked without prior issues or opportunity to improve.

I’d imagine they’d have no legal problem sacking them, more of a financial one (I.e. Lawrence prob has a transfer fee value to him). Keogh not likely to play again for us by most accounts and Bennett... seemed a decent squad player but replaceable. 

From a PR perspective (sponsors, reputation, etc) they prob should be sacked and potentially sued (thinking Lawrence transfer fee). 

The reality is, we don’t have all the facts and there are prob other factors in play that influence the final decision. I trust Mel to make the right call, whatever it is. 

Just now, cannable said:

I’ve said it already… but Saturday’s man of the match was there after 8, scored and set one up too… 

People know their own bodies 

But how do you know he was drunk? He could have been there until 3am but not touched a drop. 

I also haven't heard of any stories of him in one of the cars that crashed. They might know their own bodies but you'd expect a captain to have more about him.

If one of your relatives was passing on the A6 at the time the car crossed over and crashed into the lamp post and either killed or seriously injured them, would you be happy? 

I don't know how people can forgive a drink driver or anybody that doesn't try to stop it. 

4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

But how do you know he was drunk? He could have been there until 3am but not touched a drop. 

I also haven't heard of any stories of him in one of the cars that crashed. They might know their own bodies but you'd expect a captain to have more about him.

If one of your relatives was passing on the A6 at the time the car crossed over and crashed into the lamp post and either killed or seriously injured them, would you be happy? 

I don't know how people can forgive a drink driver or anybody that doesn't try to stop it. 

Find it very unlikely Chris Martin would drink much with his condition.

Killed his own legacy. Would have gone down as one of my favourite players ever, can't stand him anymore. If he was honourable he would let Derby cancel his contract, but I'm sure he'll still be getting paid to sit in the medical bay for something that's his own fault.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Killed his own legacy. Would have gone down as one of my favourite players ever, can't stand him anymore. If he was honourable he would let Derby cancel his contract, but I'm sure he'll still be getting paid to sit in the medical bay for something that's his own fault.

Agree. As a club I’d help him get rehabilitated and then release him. While he’s getting rehabilitated I wouldn’t pay him. Or he can leave now. They would be my choices. He’s one of the biggest earners and has 2 years left in his contract 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is there grounds to sack him for misconduct and free up his (very high) wages? 

I feel bad saying this but his injury was his own fault. 

I'd imagine that the club will want to support him, but put bluntly I doubt we will be paying him another penny towards his wages. I'd imagine that it will be quite the legal battle, with the outcome being that his contract is mutually terminated with us supporting his rehabilitation. 

I have no doubt he would've been our POTY this season too, which would've made him the first person in our history to win it three times. Instead, this... he must be in a really, really dark place at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We get your opinion on the subject, bloody hell every post i read i see your name and a rant about either Keogh, Lawrence or Bennett.

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

We get your opinion on the subject, bloody hell every post i read i see your name and a rant about either Keogh, Lawrence or Bennett.

Don't like it, then put me on mute. I will continue to give my opinion, so sod off, *******.

Personally think that if he had anything about him he would agree for his contract to be mutually cancelled. I still think as a club we would help towards his rehab we just don't & shouldn't have to pay him for 2 years of a contract he cant fulfill due to his own faults & decisions.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't like it, then put me on mute. I will continue to give my opinion, so sod off, *******.

I just wish i was as puritanical as you, i bet you have never done anything remotely illegal in your life have you.

People deserve second chances and i for one will give them my support and backing if the club see fit to play them again in the near future (which they will).

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think that if he had anything about him he would agree for his contract to be mutually cancelled. I still think as a club we would help towards his rehab we just don't & shouldn't have to pay him for 2 years of a contract he cant fulfill due to his own faults & decisions.

I don't know if this employment law covers all basis, but... if someone/anyone picks up or endures a medical condition that means they effectively can't do the job they're employed to do, it's within the company's right to terminate that person's employment. I'd imagine the club will have sufficient grounds to terminate the contracts of all three players. Unfortunately, due to FFP, it is likely to have a huge impact on us as we lose their asset value overnight. 

Archived