Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not even if they learn from the experience, show genuine remorse and grow as human beings?  Or do we forever judge people on their worst mistakes?

You wouldn't be saying that if they had killed anybody which is only down to pure luck.

Sick of white knights always scrabbling about to excuse them. If this was Kevin from Alvaston I'm damn near sure you wouldn't be arsed.

I'm not saying they need to be sacked, shunned from society but there is no downplaying this.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Archied said:

ALL players who are involved in this clusterfxxx,drinking into the night , refusing club cars laid on to take them home , drink driving , aiding and abetting drink driving should be told by the club that they must share the cost of reimbursing EVERY season ticket bought for this season,

personaly I have laid out the thick end of 1300 quid on two season tickets knowing I would be lucky to manage half the games due to travel from Surrey, work and fixture moves for sky .

then these Bamfords who make millions poop on fans who fork out their hard earned money to watch Derby county by their crap behaviour and do their best to derail the season for the club

then once they have done that they should not pull on our shirt again 

As much as I would love my season ticket money back, I'm not sure why you think the club should refund us?

If you go to Tesco and the usual checkout attendant isnt there because they have got a hangover,  do you demand a free shop?

5 minutes ago, goldstar said:

You wouldn't be saying that if they had killed anybody which is only down to pure luck.

Sick of white knights always scrabbling about to excuse them. If this was Kevin from Alvaston I'm damn near sure you wouldn't be arsed.

I'm not saying they need to be sacked, shunned from society but there is no downplaying this.

I would. 

I won't judge people on their worst mistakes if they genuinely learn and grow from the experience.

Numerous footballers have killed people and been able to carry on with their careers.  Here's two;

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/5-footballers-who-have-killed/4

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/5-footballers-who-have-killed/3

If you kill someone while driving under the influence, I will always judge you on that, sorry. And with all the privileges they have in life there's no excuse. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As much as I would love my season ticket money back, I'm not sure why you think the club should refund us?

If you go to Tesco and the usual checkout attendant isnt there because they have got a hangover,  do you demand a free shop?

Where did I say the club??? , I said the club should be trying to enforce on those players who have conspired to derail the season for the club and it’s fans to to reimburse those fans who have shelled out they’re hard earned money in the expectation that players would put they’re all into playing for them and the club , the people who pay they’re wages ,,,, the club has done nothing wrong 

oh and out of interest I would happily donate my refunded season ticket money to charity ,, just not the charity of overenduldged ,selfish A holes

6 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Excellent statement from the club, I feel it strikes a good balance between punishment and rehabilitation.

Rehabilitation my arse, they would have had plenty of guidance from the PFA regarding this kind of behaviour and clearly chose to ignore that, add the fact that Bennett was at a drink aware event 24 hours prior to bending his motor illustrates to me they would only be paying lip service to any kind of rehabilitation. It’s punishment, punishment, punishment all the way for me, Mel Morris doesn’t deserve this kind of c rap from players, Cocu doesn’t deserve it, the good name of the club, and us as fans either. They make me puke, I’m fizzin’. Bunch of tosssers.

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

Think people are getting confused on one of the facts. 

The players didn’t refuse club cars and chose to drive home. They refused the club cars to stay out. 

The club cars weren’t an option at the time of which they decided to drink drive.

Sooooooooo. What point are you making? 

15 minutes ago, Archied said:

Where did I say the club??? , I said the club should be trying to enforce on those players who have conspired to derail the season for the club and it’s fans to to reimburse those fans who have shelled out they’re hard earned money in the expectation that players would put they’re all into playing for them and the club , the people who pay they’re wages ,,,, the club has done nothing wrong 

oh and out of interest I would happily donate my refunded season ticket money to charity ,, just not the charity of overenduldged ,selfish A holes

The players are answerable to their employer only. Not sure why you would expect them to refund your season ticket, makes no sense to me.

2 hours ago, ramjit said:

Ok ok ok...can you tell me the last time Lawrence  had a good game for Derby?

He had a great game against Leeds last weekend!

joking apart, no players have had good games this season, so you singling out Lawrence is a bit harsh and daft. 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sooooooooo. What point are you making? 

Rather than belligerently refusing to get into a ready laid-on car and driving home...

They decided they would rather risk driving home than pay the £10 taxi.

A technicality.... But suppose it merely suggests stupidity, ridiculously chancing their arm and recklessness... rather than all out total aggression and shameless arrogance.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Rehabilitation my arse, they would have had plenty of guidance from the PFA regarding this kind of behaviour and clearly chose to ignore that, add the fact that Bennett was at a drink aware event 24 hours prior to bending his motor illustrates to me they would only be paying lip service to any kind of rehabilitation. It’s punishment, punishment, punishment all the way for me, Mel Morris doesn’t deserve this kind of c rap from players, Cocu doesn’t deserve it, the good name of the club, and us as fans either. They make me puke, I’m fizzin’. Bunch of tosssers.

Yes, rehabilitation.

Of course they first have to be punished for their actions, they have let everyone down, but you can't just put people out in the cold for the rest of their lives if they make a mistake (it would lead to a lot of people being out in the cold if you did!) they have to be given the chance to be rehabilitated if they show remorse and genuinely learn from it.

It was a big mistake they made, but I imagine it will act as a huge wake up call to them and to anyone else that might have done or considered doing the same thing themselves.

Sometimes people seem to think something will never happen to them, but I imagine the shock factor of this will make everyone stop and think in the future.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Lovely to see our new club captain being a good influence.

Huddlestone not captain at the time of course and not aware that he would plan to drive home later and also thinking his private post would only be seen by what he thought were his close friends on instagram!

Archived