Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely can't put into words how disappointed I am in Keogh. He is the club captain and my favourite player, I always defended him from critics and opposition fans that would always give him a lot of stick, and he rewards us by ending his career here in utter stupidity. For me, that's put a sour note on his whole time here and tarnished his legacy with the club. Such a shame. 

I’d resign if I was in cocus shoes. I’m so angry it’s unreal, I’ll get banned if I saw what I want to say so I won’t, but I’m sure you can all work it out. 

I will say however, that none of these players should ever pull on the Derby shirt again. None of them involved. The impact this could have on our future could be enormous. With players like Keogh out it’s becoming more and more likely we’ll be relegated. Then with ffp troubles, what do we do?! That’s before we even mention the lives they endangered. Screw rehabilitation, they don’t deserve it or another penny from this football club. What they did and the impact it could have is unforgivable. Each and every one involved should be fired. Maybe then with a squad of players that care more about the club than to get hammered on a Tuesday night, we’ll start to see some improved performances. God knows we’ll need a miracle though. 

This whole event has been an embarrassment on our club. Brings shame upon the badge and all those who have worn it before with pride.

Outrageous behaviour by immature overpaid morons!

You can not condone this sort of behaviour. 

They should all have their wages stopped until fit to resume the job they are paid for. 

Cannot accept that Richard Keogh can have any other option than to resign his captaincy. 

My club/ Our club has been brought into disrepute by these characters and I personally am ashamed of their association to us all. 

Really unacceptable behaviour

15 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

This club has become infected, we used to be a well liked club that fans would have time for, now we rival teams like Leeds as being despised by other fans.

This is not just down to the players, we often make the headlines for non footballing reasons nowadays, it seems to be inherent throughout the club, FFP, new managers every two minutes, bust ups etc, etc and accumulating in this, whatever happened to that club we had that went to Wembley under McLaren, defying the odds and a untied club from top to bottom.

Good job we now have the Derby way ?

Aye, definitely Mel's fault. ?

22 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

There may have been more who stayed behind. Doesn't particularly mean they was involved in the drink driving incident.

But Keogh being in the back seat suggests there may be 1 other.

You can fit five people in a Range Rover.  Why take 2 cars if there's only 3 people to get home?  This is going to run and run and if the club don't name and shame, others will be unfairly tarred with the brush of suspicion.

52 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

That’s a very, very strongly worded statement indeed. I can sense the anger just reading that. 

I agree I am surprised (as it potentially impacts on criminal proceedings - referring to them 'drinking into the night')  but pleased with the tone.  

I think the club should set out who was involved in this incident as it is totally disrespectful.  If they do not, I am sure the 'line up' on Saturday will tell us all we need.

1 minute ago, woody01530 said:

The club statement will mean the punishments from the courts will be worse cus it says that the players were offered club transport but they refused and kept on drinking.

And I fully support the club being honest and not trying to cover up their stupidity.

Bennett - no player can be part of a team when not good enough and solely be brandished an "impact sub". Every footballer should be good enough to start games and produce. arguably he has been here far too long and isn't good enough.

Lawrence - 3 seasons here now and 3 seasons of ineffectiveness and inconsistency, good player when he chooses to be but more often than not lets games pass him by.

Keogh - Could argue that if Buxton had made the same mistake he did at Wembley that his Derby career would have been shortened, as fans we stick up for the guy but hes another hes been here too long and hasn't got us up.

All 3 and good players im sure but what they have done to the club is inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

You can fit five people in a Range Rover.  Why take 2 cars if there's only 3 people to get home?  This is going to run and run and if the club don't name and shame, others will be unfairly tarred with the brush of suspicion.

Leeds would have fit more in.

Archived