Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I suppose pleading innocent mind in this instance would be like getting caught red handed by your wife in bed with her sister on top of you, both totally naked and trying to make out nothing happened.

What?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Come on, we still have threads discussing how successful or not Nigel Clough was so give it a while yet please ?

Personally I don't see why it should be closed. Unless the mods are having issues with posts being made that are libellous etc. Its still a fairly recent event, it is not like its being discussed with or in front of the two players. 

It will die away naturally as people lose interest, or feel their points have been made. 

most posts on here were either for or against mainly how lenient,If you read the link on the post i was replying to,you will see the point i was making

On 17/10/2019 at 14:52, richinspain said:

Perhaps there was a huge spider on the floor of the landing and we both dived onto the bed to get away from it? Can't think why we'd be naked mind!

You’d both read the article in the Times that said spiders are attracted to fibres in clothing that has close proximity to the human epidermis. ... might work. I haven’t tried it, and anyway my wife is quite handy with scissors. 

On 17/10/2019 at 12:47, rynny said:

https://www.bhatiabest.co.uk/bhatiabestnews/Derby-county-drink-driving-players-sentenced-to-community-service/

Decent article, from a legal point of view, on whether, or not, it was a lenient charge. 

Very interesting article. Perhaps goes some way to explaining how a mate of mine, who'd been drinking the night before, was stopped on his way to work and got a 3-year ban. Beware!

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Have a look on the Derby telegraph website. There’s a article all about who’s been in court for driving offences this week. Every case was punished in the same manner as Bennett and Lawrence. 

Marcus Olsson is on there too!

Colin Gibson says in the latest RamsTV Podcast that on Thursday mornings in the 1980s, the players would train with plastic bags under their kit to sweat out the alcohol from the night before. Again, I'm not condoning our players' actions, but anyone who claims that this is symbolic of modern football is wide of the mark.

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Colin Gibson says in the latest RamsTV Podcast that on Thursday mornings in the 1980s, the players would train with plastic bags under their kit to sweat out the alcohol from the night before. Again, I'm not condoning our players' actions, but anyone who claims that this is symbolic of modern football is wide of the mark.

Im the 80s they probably had a beer at half time

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t it’s helpful for him to bring that up.

1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I don’t it’s helpful for him to bring that up.

Without knowing the context it seems a bit irrelevant yes.

Archived