Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just say to those doom monkeys who were predicting big defeats that football is a funny old game.

We were pretty dreadful today but if you don’t take your chances you give the opposition hope.

We had given up but seeing the penalty missed seemed to galvanise us into a bit of spirit.

Cocu will be under no illusions. I think Bielik looks like he’s struggling to adapt to the pace of the championship and may need to replace Clarke.

I really don’t know what our best midfield is. We have no decent wide players and no bite.

Until we have a midfield that really wants the ball, we will see more fannying about at the back.

If we can get the ball forward to feet, we can create problems but the whole side needs to run more and the passing needs to improve by about 50%.

But that’s all talk for another day. I’m still smiling ?

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Leeds were always going to be fired up for this game after last season, they started full on and never let up. We did well to contain them for long periods. You could see they would never be able to maintain the tempo, and they couldn't. They really dropped off the last ten, which allowed us a bit more space. Our goal was great!

The comments criticising Cocu are laughable, we got battered by Leeds twice last season and lost three class players since. Such a tough game today and his substitutions were spot on.

I think the critics have a point in terms of how unbalanced we were as a side in the first half. Hopefully that improves as familiarity improves, but we need to improve quickly. Too many abysmal first halves, only a matter of time before we're dead and buried at 45 minutes in some games.

Other than that I fully agree with you. His substitutions were perfect and we limited them in the second half to a number of chances you'd most teams to create. Fact is Leeds are better than us, but after HT we managed the game quite well. The penalty was clumsy, and Clarke needs to look at himself, but obviously Cocu can't do owt about that.

1 minute ago, Sexydadbod said:

I like your team, only issue is cb with Buchanan 

Yeah I know it’s a massive risk as he’s young and I’m not sure he’s ready just yet. But I really rate his potential based on what I’ve seen so far, looks to have a very good footballing brain and he’s good on the ball, which is what we really need right now as most of our issues come from our inability to play out from the back. Which is in no small part down to Clarke’s poor decision making bringing the ball out constantly putting us into trouble, if we keep playing him well never improve until he does. So we have to take him out the team and work on him in training at least. With Davies unable to play out effectively as well, I don’t think we have much choice but to throw Buchanan in and hope he turns out to be a massive prodigy. He could well do, and a home game against brum may be a good opportunity for him

Fair result? Not really but do I give a stuff, do I heck.  We kept trying and cometh the man, cometh the hour, take a bow Chris Martin. Made a difference soon as he came on.  Won free kicks, won the ball.  Great cross from Lowe (who played well), Paterson great set up and cool, calm finish from the man.  Very articulate post match interview too.  

Archived