Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know Leeds players were knackered late in the game, but Martin coming on picked up our tempo right away.  He is such a quick thinker and gets others to play better.  Yes it was a robbery, we were atrocious most of the game, but am so happy for Martin to get the equalizer

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

I’d throw in Knight as well. Don’t need Bielik & Huddlestone together. The team that finished just looked more balanced. Martin being able to compete and hold the ball is much needed at the moment.

He's the player to make cocus system click.....his intelligent flicks and hold up play enables movement to take place.

I bet cocu is kicking himself that it's taken him this long to see it.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Team for me next week having seen that..

Hamer

Bogle Keogh Buchanan Lowe

Bielik

Knight Holmes

Waghorn Martin Paterson

No more passengers being carried and hopefully a team that’s actually capable of playing how cocu wants (whatever that is). Proper footballers with some intelligence

I like your team, only issue is cb with Buchanan 

Leeds were always going to be fired up for this game after last season, they started full on and never let up. We did well to contain them for long periods. You could see they would never be able to maintain the tempo, and they couldn't. They really dropped off the last ten, which allowed us a bit more space. Our goal was great!

The comments criticising Cocu are laughable, we got battered by Leeds twice last season and lost three class players since. Such a tough game today and his substitutions were spot on.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We've just been thrashed 1-1?

We did look better with Chris Martin as our centre forward though. It'll be interesting to see the team sheet for next week.

My fear is Marriott will be sacrificed eventually for Martin, when he’s had so little service and really playing in a two off Martin would suit him more.

Just play 2 in midfield and 2 wide including Waggy. We are just creating so little. Yet with Martin he would bring the others into the game. Waggy, Lawrence and Marriott all feeding off him. Holmes running through, what’s not to like?

Archived