Keogh and Forest groundsman in alleged scuffle

Andicis

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The likelihood is the groundsman gave him a bit of stick, Keogh took it a little too much to heart and it escalated from there. In all honesty, I can't imagine any other scenario. It happens. I imagine the ramifications will be a huge fine for one and the dole office for the other. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The likelihood is the groundsman gave him a bit of stick, Keogh took it a little too much to heart and it escalated from there. In all honesty, I can't imagine any other scenario. It happens. I imagine the ramifications will be a huge fine for one and the dole office for the other. 

I suspect you're probably right.

Hope that it wasn’t Keogh starting the fight- the fact he was the only one injured by the sounds of it probably means he wasn’t. Some jumped up groundsmen quite possibly thinking he’s a hard man to have a fight with a Derby player. Mind you Keogh shouldn’t rise to it really and join in, as much as he and probably most of us would want to. Doesn’t exactly reflect well when any player, nevermind your captain, is involved in stuff like that.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hope that it wasn’t Keogh starting the fight- the fact he was the only one injured by the sounds of it probably means he wasn’t. Some jumped up groundsmen quite possibly thinking he’s a hard man to have a fight with a Derby player. Mind you Keogh shouldn’t rise to it really and join in, as much as he and probably most of us would want to. Doesn’t exactly reflect well when any player, nevermind your captain, is involved in stuff like that.

Heavily dependant on circumstance; be good to know more.

Firstly, there's a level of threat where "rising to it" becomes necessary for your safety. 

Also, if it was simply abuse that he reciprocated that lead to escalation, it's a different situation than when a fan is giving it. The groundsmen is an employee of Forest; in the same boat as their coaching staff, accountants, kitmen etc. - and I imagine recieving abuse from them is rare, due to employees usually holding some level of standards, and therefore you'd react to it differently.

56 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't see it warrants Keogh getting the sack ?

53 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It wouldn't be a Forest v Rams game without a bit of aggro.

Archived