Keogh and Forest groundsman in alleged scuffle

Andicis

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See it was more than just keogh v the groundsmen, looks like there were more of our players and their staff involved. Seems like a total unecessart mess on both sides, but I guess tensions run High and it’s to be expected somewhat, though you wouldn’t exelect background staff involved. Interesting to see how they deal with it and who if anyone gets punished.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No , Billy Sharp was one strange person in response to Sharp posting something about the Brian Clough trophy , as I recall Derby fans collected a lot of money for the charity Sharp set up in his sons memory as Jamie Ward was his best mate. The other fella is Collymore going back to an incident involving Dean Yates, he also seems to get grief from everyone not just us.

Your missing the point I was making, doesn’t matter if it was one individual or more, you are always going to get idiots who “represent” the club in a bad way. 

The post stated the racist abuse on Holmes, the Sharp example was just one of the top of my head which was a comparable example.

9 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Your missing the point I was making, doesn’t matter if it was one individual or more, you are always going to get idiots who “represent” the club in a bad way. 

This could go on forever, didn’t Derby fans do something similar about Billy Sharp.

I get the point that every club has a few shitbags .  But the something our support did was put a fair bit of money into Billy sharps charity, so it was a poor example. That was my point .  The Collymore thing happens yes, but its pretty tame compared to other stuff I've heard over the year's.

Talking of Billy Sharp (FWIW i do really like him!!) he once tweeted me telling me he couldnt wait to see me at the Derby so he could shove the flag up my a**e. Think i got a wee bit cheeky with his weight prior to this hence the tweet...

Anyway, some months later when he was at PPS, i think with Sheff United, I went and met him when he was getting on the coach after the game and introduced myself. His face dropped!! Haha! Had a laugh and a joke with him and no he didnt shove anything anywhere.....

Going off topic but would love him at Derby. My kind of player.

Anyway back to Keogh ..... Should have been playing. Nothing worse than warming down and wanting to play so imagine a comment or 2 was aimed at our captain and he responded. Rightly or wrongly he got forked by all accounts. 

Will be interesting to see the statement when its finally released...

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This could go on forever, didn’t Derby fans do something similar about Billy Sharp.

I get the point that every club has a few shitbags .  But the something our support did was put a fair bit of money into Billy sharps charity, so it was a poor example. That was my point .  The Collymore thing happens yes, but its pretty tame compared to other stuff I've heard over the year's.

Have to say I cringe with embarrassment every time we start with the collymore song. It’s so so small time. 

Our fans throw chairs at games.

Ours sung about the Forest chairman who died.

Ours vandalise their owners Vehicle.

There is no real club in the country who doesn’t have its idiots. Often fuelled by drink and often a macho attempt to show off to their mates.

I hate it, truly hate it but accept that it won’t change. The club, just about all clubs, don’t do anything about it to improve the experience for fans.

Just have no idea why fans can’t go to games, have banter, have a drink, chant ‘friendly’ stuff etc. I saw two Derby kids on Tuesday, prob 10-12 years old, giving V signs to the fans above them. Truly pathetic. (Any Derby fan trying to give it the big un, slashing their neck, wanting to fight after the game are all truly pathetic in my eyes). What’s worse, during the day a lot of them probably have decent jobs.

52 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Just announced on EMT that Cocu has announced a serious investigation is underway regarding this incident, would be somewhat ironic if Keogh is banned after this even though he wasn't playing 

If he was the instigator then he should be punished. If he wasn't, then he shouldn't be. Anything in-between? Are we allowed compromise these days?

26 minutes ago, Montgolfier said:

If he was the instigator then he should be punished. If he wasn't, then he shouldn't be. Anything in-between? Are we allowed compromise these days?

He could've not been the instigator but still not behaved in a manner befitting a captain of Derby County, meriting some repremand or punishment but much less than if he started it.

I presume forest are investigating the incident from their side as well.

'Look at his face; just look at his face!'

Possibly for the first time we can see that Keogh is capable of getting properly angry.

I'd like to see he him looking like that the next time he's annoyed on the pitch rather than his tendency towards arm waving / head shaking

I doubt that many would mess with the angry post-Florest Keogh on the pitch!

Nice one son!

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Have to say I cringe with embarrassment every time we start with the collymore song. It’s so so small time. 

I don’t get the angst about the Collymoor song.
It suggests that Mr Collymoor does something regularly that, let’s not be shy, the vast majority of people on this forum will have done at some point in their lives, and that he has an odd choice in headgear. Not the worst thing in the world to do.  It’s not as if he’s being accused of doing awful things to children.
Then it recognises the fact that he played for two other local football teams and that he was foolish for doing so.  One is a matter of indisputable fact and the other is a matter of opinion which, apparently, is something that we are all allowed to hold and express ad infinitum on these pages.
It goes on to mention that he had a dalliance with a minor television celebrity who happens to be Swedish, and treated her very badly.  Is this not a matter of fact, repeated and reported in court? It clearly suggests that he was wrong to do so.
And, finally, reference is made to said footballer fracturing a rather important limb (which ones are unimportant?) at a football stadium in the East Midlands.  Again a matter of fact.

So, without challenging in any way the competence of the Poet Laureate, this is a ditty, set to the tune of a song describing the joys of having a father who is a refuse collector, largely based in fact and truth.  It’s not sexually deviant, sectarian or racist and it certainly doesn’t condone in any way violence against any woman, but maybe particularly not against women from Scandinavia. A song perhaps for this modern MeToo world.

I read that the groundsmen has been pratting about for the whole evening, deliberately going to fork the penalty area  in order to disrupt the players warm-up, they moved some cones in the way, so we’re no doubt in prat mode during the warm down. Notice they guy with the big stick in his hand - it has blood on it, so the visual implication is that he has rammed it into Keogh’s throat. Regardless of anything Keogh may have said, the fault lies with the ground man who has clearly weaponised his tool.

Archived