Sign in to follow this  
DanS1992

I would drive dowell back up to Everton myself!

On 21/08/2019 at 18:45, brady1993 said:

Mount but he didn't have that much criticism.  

Selective memory. There were many posters saying he should be dropped, that his performances had become less effective etc. 

Quite rightly Frank always played him if he was fit.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Selective memory. There were many posters saying he should be dropped, that his performances had become less effective etc. 

Quite rightly Frank always played him if he was fit.

Oh there was sure but if I remember rightly that came later when his form dipped. I was specifically talking about early on.

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Can't we just cut the lad some slack. Unlike some in the team, he is not only trying to fit in a new system, he is trying to fit in s new team and has had less than a handful of competitive games.

I agree we should cut him some slack but then I am in the “Do Well” camp.

You will have great difficulty now convincing those in the “Ne’er-do-well’ camp.

9 hours ago, Norman said:

It's supposed to be. It's only a joke.

Oh right - perhaps I'm old-fashioned in expecting jokes to include an element of humour...

Posted (edited)

Funny thing is, he was better than he was against Bristol City which was on par with his performance at Stoke.

Still poo though. Only notable contribution is the penalty he conceded at Huddersfield.

Edited by Norman

He is a poor man's Marco Reich and that is being very kind. I bet 90% of our moves break down when he becomes involved. We had chances at the end, but his passes are frequently overhit. His dead ball delivery is equally woeful.

Do we have to play him?

I have to say, I was heavily advocating for giving Dowell time, and we still should, but it gets really hard to support him when he puts in a performance like that. Dreadful. He never passes the ducking thing, and always tries the poo little predictable dribble, and then gets pushed off it because he isn't strong enough. I really hope Cocu can coach it out of him and turn him into a better player, because at the minute, he isn't at the level.

C'mon, let's list his strengths. He's absolutely brilliant at making space for himself to receive the ball, and he's pretty decent at trapping it.

His major hang up is that he hangs onto the ball for way too long. He puts himself under way too much pressure, which impacts his dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting, everything really. He's unfortunately a liability for us, which is a shame because we're desperately lacking in centre midfield.

His set pieces are pretty atrocious as well.

Well I think he was even worse that the game bristol city. At least he doesn't disappoint, I only expect him to be shocking based on what I have seen from him. A midfield player who can't pass, can't create, can't shoot, can't take free kicks... Young Knight was miles better than him. I hope all the fans in the Dowell "Do Well" camp can now see that he is woeful, and does not bring anything to the team.

1 minute ago, blackNwhites said:

His major hang up is that he hangs onto the ball for way too long. He puts himself under way too much pressure, which impacts his dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting, everything really. He's unfortunately a liability for us, which is a shame because we're desperately lacking in centre midfield.

His set pieces are pretty atrocious as well.

Apart from that he's OK