I would drive dowell back up to Everton myself!

DanS1992

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You may want to refer back to the title of the thread you created which by any stretch of the imagination is somewhere between downright inflammatory and sensationalist which then sets the tone for your following diatribe.

Am happy to debate anyone but when someone starts their justification with ridiculous comments like that then I struggle to take them seriously.

WELL INSTEAD OF REFERRING TO THE TITLE, TELL ME WHY DOWELL IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR CHRIST SAKES! BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE.

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

It is just people like newtfly who don't elaborate and argument, they instead post meaningless stuff that have nothing to do with the topic that is Kieran Dowell. If tou think he will come good then by all means tell my why you think so.

For someone who is so hot on the English language, you're not very good at spelling. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For someone who is so hot on the English language, you're not very good at spelling. 

As per usual, Newtfly brings nothing to the table. You have made a couple of posts, none say If Dowell is good enough or not... 

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

WELL INSTEAD OF REFERRING TO THE TITLE, TELL ME WHY DOWELL IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR CHRIST SAKES! BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE.

Well he's clearly a tidy player, with decent control, he can bring a ball forward in midfield, he has a decent eye for a pass and previously scored a reasonable amount of goals in the division for a midfielder. One bad game doesn't make him a bad player. 

14 minutes ago, jono said:

Oooooo we are all getting a bit personal aren’t we !

mind you, while I wouldn’t send him straight back he has been pretty underwhelming. Has some ball skills, but decision making is lousy, slow to react and a distinct lack of fire and aggression. Misplaced passes, dropped Clarke in it once nearly fatally , positioning poor. He will probably improve - but budding premier league player ? I don’t see any sign of it 

hurry back Duane, twice the player. 

Think Dowells got potential just needs the right players in there with him. 

Buy the boy a bullworker he just needs to impose himself in midfield...... Probably not strong enough to open the packaging though.... I'll get me coat?

15 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Give the lad a chance man, hes played 4 games  yes very poor again to night but let him grow into the team 

First he has to be able to hold his own. We can't provide a free match service for him. Why should others sit on the bench while he plays so badly.

Certainly don't want to say this is the end, send him back and shoot on sight. 

But he's hitching a ride and we are in need of drivers not passengers. We have our own youngsters that can come in and do what he's done. Certainly Knight. 

Needs to wake up and make sure he does basics like set pieces (v Swansea) and passing (tonight). Simple stuff first or he just shouldn't be starting 

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I noticed last season and again this season, Jozefzoon can not put a decent cross into the box. Something a wide midfielder should have in his ability.

Crazy thing is, when he was doing well for Brentford he was played as a striker, he scored 9 goals in half a season.

But, just like Weimann, we stick him out on the wing.

Firstly he needs to play deeper. He doesn’t get enough assists or goals as a number 10. He’s like a Will Hughes type player who suits starting off from a deeper position. I think he’d do well on the right side of a diamond midfield cutting in on his left foot rather than being the man to provide a killer through ball to the striker

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

First he has to be able to hold his own. We can't provide a free match service for him. Why should others sit on the bench while he plays so badly.

But he's hitching a ride and we are in need of drivers not passengers. We have our own youngsters that can come in and do what he's done. Certainly Knight. 

Needs to wake up and make sure he does basics like set pieces (v Swansea) and passing (tonight). Simple stuff first or he just shouldn't be starting 

Sensible post which i fully agree with. I assume this is the debate / response  @DanS1992 was hoping to get instead of sarcastic attention seeking one liners. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Crazy thing is, when he was doing well for Brentford he was played as a striker, he scored 9 goals in half a season.

How many did Blackman score for Reading? 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I do agree but Hes not the only 1 Lawrence and zoon are. =as 8poor 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes, I agree, he can beat a man a thousand times but he can’t cross. 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He was played at right wing with Brentford under Dean Smith and scored 8 goals in 58 apps

Archived