I would drive dowell back up to Everton myself!

DanS1992

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Jonathon Hunt was better...

Hang on, I cant think of anyone worse in the last 25 years

That’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this forum.

Can’t a player have a poor run of games without being the worst player ever?

Absolutely ridiculous when we get so stroppy and binary. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s another Tom Carroll, except worse. He’s not a number 10, he doesn’t get enough goals or assists, might be worth starting him a from a slightly deeper position where he doesn’t have to contribute with goals and assists and can just keep the ball ticking.

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

can just keep the ball ticking.

He doesn't do that though. That's one of my problems with him, he tries to dribble instead of just moving the ball on, and then he loses it cheaply because he isn't quick enough or strong enough to pull it off.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Clearly you dont read the forum then!!!!

This place is a wealth of outlandish claims, mixed with balanced insightful responses ?

Either way, that was still a truely woeful performance for a midfielder...

16 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Do you realise what you have done? ??

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Clearly you dont read the forum then!!!!

This place is a wealth of outlandish claims, mixed with balanced insightful responses ?

Either way, that was still a truely woeful performance for a midfielder...

I think they do that's the problem - on a forum that's full of absurd and ridiculous assertions your comments have stood out as being on a level higher than even those 

21 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Jesus. Nowt but hysteria again. 

Give him a break. We’ve just played well against a good side tipped for promotion and been unfortunate to come away with a point. Why must we constantly choose a player to beat down? Poor fans. 

He was poor again and will be rightfully criticised by the fans again. If he ever plays well for us then the fans will praise him - simple as that.

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Give him a break. We’ve just played well against a good side tipped for promotion and been unfortunate to come away with a point. Why must we constantly choose a player to beat down? Poor fans. 

Because this is a forum, and it's entirely reasonable to discuss somebody's performances, just because we collectively played okay, doesn't mean all the players did. Dowell wasn't good today, therefore I think it's more than fair for fans to question him and give him some stick for it.

26 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He was poor again and will be rightfully criticised by the fans again. If he ever plays well for us then the fans will praise him - simple as that.

In your opinion. What constitutes a good performance? Playing as well as Mount? Cos that ain't going to happen. Assisting a goal and winning a penalty for a second goal? Cos he already did that against Stoke... 

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because this is a forum, and it's entirely reasonable to discuss somebody's performances, just because we collectively played okay, doesn't mean all the players did. Dowell wasn't good today, therefore I think it's more than fair for fans to question him and give him some stick for it.

Wasn't good... in your opinion. You think its more than fair to give him stick for it? I disagree. Yeah you're spot on it's right to question a performance/discuss a performance/comment on a performance you think is below par but to 'give him some stick for it'? That's so counter productive! 

53 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because so many of our good attacking moves broke down with Dowell. He contributed almost nothing to the game, so we were playing against a 'good side' with 10 men. He also doesn't seem to have much football intelligence either. He's unfortunate to be picked when other have been dropped.

Archived