I would drive dowell back up to Everton myself!

DanS1992

I know the game against bristol is only the 4th game of the season, and people will say be patient, but im sorry, Dowell offers absolutely ducking nothing. In all the games so far he has been ineffective, gives the ball away more times than he finds a player, and most attacks break down. I am not trying to scapegoat someone, but based on the games so far Dowell has been crap (he is not the only one) and I do wonder why we can not find someone better than him. He has not been involved in games, and often goes missing. This is not an attack on the lad (other players have been bad also) but at least the other players have offered something at a point in time, but Dowell has really not contributed much at all since he has been here. I hope he proves us wrong, but it is not a coincidence that while on loan at sheffield United he was not a regular starter and based on how ineffective he has been I think I understand why. I can't help but think that If we spent 10 million on Bielik, we could have done much better than Dowell in such a crucial and creative position in midfield (even though he is only on loan), because Dowell is not the answer. I hope he proves me wrong but he has been quite ineffective since he has arrived and as a creative midfield player, we cannot afford to have him being ineffective. Hopefully, when holmes come back he will provide us with the spark and drive that Dowell is clearly missing. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I know the game against bristol is only the 4th game of the season, and people will say be patient, but im sorry, Dowell offers absolutely ducking nothing. In all the games so far he has been ineffective, gives the ball away more times than he finds a player, and most attacks break down. I am not trying to scapegoat someone, but based on the games so far Dowell has been crap (he is not the only one) and I do wonder why we can not find someone better than him. He has not been involved in games, and often goes missing. This is not an attack on the lad (other players have been bad also) but at least the other players have offered something at a point in time, but Dowell has really not contributed much at all since he has been here. I hope he proves us wrong, but it is not a coincidence that while on loan at sheffield United he was not a regular starter and based on how ineffective he has been I think I understand why. I can't help but think that If we spent 10 million on Bielik, we could have done much better than Dowell in such a crucial and creative position in midfield (even though he is only on loan), because Dowell is not the answer. I hope he proves me wrong but he has been quite ineffective since he has arrived and as a creative midfield player, we cannot afford to have him being ineffective. Hopefully, when holmes come back he will provide us with the spark and drive that Dowell is clearly missing. 

There are no contradictions in your post. Your post is full of contradictions.

6 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

This is proof positive regards the theory of evolution that you can give a chimpanzee a type writer and in a hundred thousand years will be creating the works of Shakespeare

I actually agree with you to some degree. He hasn’t played anywhere close to his potential in any of the games so far. I’m hoping Holmes will come back from injury and offer competition in that position to help him fight more for his starting place. 

24 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Can drop you off also If you want Nuwtfly, world would be better off without you. Stick to your football manager and let real fans talk about footie, I am here to voice my opinion based on what I watch, if you disagree ok no problem, but instead of useless one sentence replies that bring no value to a conversation and debate please be quiet, go back to school and only when you can formulate a sentence longer than 6 words, then please come back and contribute to the discussion  ?

Ooo, get you

21 minutes ago, Louby said:

I actually agree with you to some degree. He hasn’t played anywhere close to his potential in any of the games so far. I’m hoping Holmes will come back from injury and offer competition in that position to help him fight more for his starting place. 

Like it... I totally agree with you then in the same sentence to some degree...am sure that you know what you mean though really 

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This is proof positive regards the theory of evolution that you can give a chimpanzee a type writer and in a hundred thousand years will be creating the works of Shakespeare

That analogy has nothing to do with evolution. The theory is, if you have infinite monkeys typing on infinite typewriters and give them infinite time, they would eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare. It means that in an infinite universe, all things are possible, and all possibilities are inevitable. 

Although, I suppose given infinite time, the monkeys would evolve into Shakespeare. So perhaps you’re right. 

Sorry, have I gone off topic. Quick, let’s shoe horn in some relevance...

if we give Kieran Dowell infinite time, he’ll inevitably come good (or write a very good play). 

40 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I know the game against bristol is only the 4th game of the season,

You should have just stopped there. It's the 4th game of the season. He was rubbish tonight, but he wasn't the only one. He deserves time.

Oooooo we are all getting a bit personal aren’t we !

mind you, while I wouldn’t send him straight back he has been pretty underwhelming. Has some ball skills, but decision making is lousy, slow to react and a distinct lack of fire and aggression. Misplaced passes, dropped Clarke in it once nearly fatally , positioning poor. He will probably improve - but budding premier league player ? I don’t see any sign of it 

hurry back Duane, twice the player. 

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You are entitled to your opinion but because someone chooses not to write War and peace are you saying their opinion is less valid?  You don't get to choose who can post or can't.

I for one think he looks a good player, i reckon once the team settles we will see the best of him. 

I am not choosing who can post, anyone can post, but I just want to have a debate. If someone thinks Dowell is good enough then by all means tell me why in a post, just don't post any rubbish without telling me why you disagree. I said Dowell doesn't seen good enough, If anyone else thinks he is, then please rationally tell me why in a post ?. It is just people like newtfly who don't elaborate and argument, they instead post meaningless stuff that have nothing to do with the topic that is Kieran Dowell. If you think he will come good then by all means tell my why you think so.

Archived