January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Ok I seem to of pissed people off with this, sorry.

Only mentioned it as a possibility, was in a rush when typing so didnt word it in the best way, i guess...

But It makes sense, DET mentioned martin could leave, Burton have just lost Boyce, Martin likes Derby area, out of contract in summer, plus Cocu said one more could leave.

I obviously hope it don’t happen as he’s a good back up, but you never know

I have seen nothing this season to suggest anybody should be starting before him! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I have seen nothing this season to suggest anybody should be starting before him! 

I agree, however it is ultimately down to the club what happens with him.

Would like to see him sign for another year though....

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Only mentioned it as a possibility, was in a rush when typing so didnt word it in the best way, i guess...

But It makes sense, DET mentioned martin could leave, Burton have just lost Boyce, Martin likes Derby area, out of contract in summer, plus Cocu said one more could leave.

angry family guy GIF by HULU

I've come to the conclusion that I honestly do not care if we sign anyone now. This season is pretty much a right off. 

I'd like to think we won't go down. We definitely aren't going up. For me now I'd just like to finish the season strong and push for a top half/top 10 finish.

I'd like us to sign a winger if possible. Just for the sheer fact that watching us attack at the moment is boring beyond words and watching this for the remaining games of the season doesn't fill me with any excitement whatsoever. There's no point in us signing a centre half. Wait till the summer.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've come to the conclusion that I honestly do not care if we sign anyone now. This season is pretty much a right off. 

I'd like to think we won't go down. We definitely aren't going up. For me now I'd just like to finish the season strong and push for a top half/top 10 finish.

I'd like us to sign a winger if possible. Just for the sheer fact that watching us attack at the moment is boring beyond words and watching this for the remaining games of the season doesn't fill me with any excitement whatsoever. There's no point in us signing a centre half. Wait till the summer.

My worry is a potential embargo being put in place next season by the EFL. They seem determined to charge us with something and if Reading got an embargo for their large wage bill and Wednesday for submitting their accounts late, it wouldn't surprise me for them to place us under one for the stadium stuff. I don't want us to go panic buying players just for the sake of it, but I'd really like to see 2-3 players come in on permanent deals so if the worst does happen we aren't left with Davies as the only centre back at the club and still without any decent wingers. 

21 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It really would be a catastrophic failure if we did.

Average points for safety is 47

Maximum ever needed was 54

We're on 37 from 29

So 10 - 17 points from 17

That's averaging less than 1 point a game.

31 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

My worry is a potential embargo being put in place next season by the EFL. They seem determined to charge us with something and if Reading got an embargo for their large wage bill and Wednesday for submitting their accounts late, it wouldn't surprise me for them to place us under one for the stadium stuff. I don't want us to go panic buying players just for the sake of it, but I'd really like to see 2-3 players come in on permanent deals so if the worst does happen we aren't left with Davies as the only centre back at the club and still without any decent wingers. 

That's a fair point.

If we are to sign a centre half I'd rather sign the Dutch defender then Benkovic. 

Benkovic we have absolutely no chance of signing on a permanent deal. 

The Dutch lad's contract is up in the summer meaning the fee wouldn't be much. I'd imagine the fee to sign him wouldn't be too much different from the loan fee for Benkovic. 

33 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

My worry is a potential embargo being put in place next season by the EFL. They seem determined to charge us with something 

This is a very good point Cam and one I’d like to think had occurred to the great and the good running the club.

Unfortunately, it’s made me worry it has occurred to them but we are in such dire straits they can’t do anything about it. Now, I’m not attempting to scaremonger here, it’s just my instinct is to worry, I drive my wife mad worrying about stuff that doesn’t happen most of the time. ?

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Back.up? ......he's still our best striker!!

I'd rather Marriott went with his current form but to be honest i would hang on to all three of our Centre forwards with the rapidity our squad picks up injuries.

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Callum Guy been sold by Blackpool to Carlisle, wont be much at all but sure we had a sell on % so will be a little bit more in the coffers hopefully

It shows how not all youngsters go onto making it, Callum Guy is one I tipped for greatness, I thought he would be great for us and was gutted he never made it. Same with Elsnik too.

We’re not signing anyone this January, and that’s a GOOD thing.

Jan signings have not been great for us and are often overpriced.

The season is over, we’re not going up or down, we’re not. There may be some fun to be had on the cup, but that’s all folks.

So, let’s not sign anyone and give more and more game time to our U23’s, let’s see if they can rise to the challenge and be worthy of building the team around next season.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It shows how not all youngsters go onto making it, Callum Guy is one I tipped for greatness, I thought he would be great for us and was gutted he never made it. Same with Elsnik too.

Yes fair point, with all the talk of building a first team from the academy talent. It's not so straightforward as it might seem. Then again, the way our financial situation is unfolding, we may have no option. 

9 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes fair point, with all the talk of building a first team from the academy talent. It's not so straightforward as it might seem. Then again, the way our financial situation is unfolding, we may have no option. 

Crazy thought I know, but I did think this week that the only positive that I could think of from relegation would be that it may be easier to integrate the youngsters as one whole crop and truly see who is/isn't up to it.

Clearly relegation would be a disaster for the club, but, when you look at how Southampton had so many good young players in league 1, many of which went onto being sold for millions (mostly by liverpool), no reason why they couldn't happen with us.

Touch wood relegation isn't even on the cards like.

Archived