January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that’s just thoroughly depressing. This is FFP coming back to bite us, poor running of the club for years leads to this mess.

Cant wait for the summer transfer window. What’s the betting we apparently “plan everything” for the next few months, before signing no one until August.

Not great, but in our position I think it's better we don't sign anyone than waste money on someone not worth it.

If we can bag 15 pts quickly, focus on playing more youth at the expense of those who will be leaving in the summer.

Need to set ourselves up in the best possible way for next season

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Bravo Derby.

Cocu said in December he wanted his business done early. 4 departures, 1 significant injury to our record signing and 10,000 media links later, we bring no one in. Farcical 

Oh doom and gloom.

Let's face it. Mis management and over spending has lead to no funds available.

Lots of manager changes in the last few years, all of which bought their own type of players in. The team is now a mismatch of those styles with no identity.

FFP is coming to the fore and our over spending is showing.

We have not had a great first half of the season mainly due to the above reasons.

We are now facing a points deduction on the back of our already precarious position.

The investment is stalling, again probably due to the above reasons.

Players out there will look at us and think why would I want to be apart of a potential relegation battle. ERGO the top players will look up not down.

But somehow some still blame the manager who only said he wanted, he never said he will.

7 minutes ago, inter politics said:

It's not ideal but realistically (barring a points deduction), we won't go up or down this season. Keep the powder dry and plan early for next season.

How do you know we wont go down we are in a bad patch we are slow and the 3 bottom clubs are picking up points and we dont look like winning away dobt be naive to think we cant go down we lost to luton whi hadn't won since early december we lack creativity our best striker is never fit and we dont have width at all so we try through the middle yet cant get through so we play keep ball for half the game. 

Not a fan of this whole, "the season is over, plan for next season," stuff. Let's be honest here, it's not out of choice that we aren't strengthening, it's because Mel has got us into a mess and we can't. Cocu doesn't need another 6 months to know that most of this team is poo, he's already seen that. And I'm sure he'd rather have the next 6 months to bed in a few new additions for next season, (particularly when some of them may come from abroad) rather than have to do it all in 1 window. The teams around us who you could also suggest have nothing to play for are still strengthening while we just watch on.

Just another example of the club (in particular Mel) letting Cocu down again. 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

How do you know we wont go down we are in a bad patch we are slow and the 3 bottom clubs are picking up points and we dont look like winning away dobt be naive to think we cant go down we lost to luton whi hadn't won since early december we lack creativity our best striker is never fit and we dont have width at all so we try through the middle yet cant get through so we play keep ball for half the game. 

I didn't say I know. I just said realistically. Yes, we lost to Luton but prior to that, we were unbeaten in five. The lack of wide options is the biggest concern for me.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not a fan of this whole, "the season is over, plan for next season," stuff. Let's be honest here, it's not out of choice that we aren't strengthening, it's because Mel has got us into a mess and we can't. Cocu doesn't need another 6 months to know that most of this team is poo, he's already seen that. And I'm sure he'd rather have the next 6 months to bed in a few new additions for next season, (particularly when some of them may come from abroad) rather than have to do it all in 1 window. The teams around us who you could also suggest have nothing to play for are still strengthening while we just watch on.

Just another example of the club (in particular Mel) letting Cocu down again. 

Mel was stupid coming out and saying Cocu knows what he needs and wants and we expect a couple in, then to go and do nothing just looks stupid 

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh doom and gloom.

Let's face it. Mis management and over spending has lead to no funds available.

Lots of manager changes in the last few years, all of which bought their own type of players in. The team is now a mismatch of those styles with no identity.

FFP is coming to the fore and our over spending is showing.

We have not had a great first half of the season mainly due to the above reasons.

We are now facing a points deduction on the back of our already precarious position.

The investment is stalling, again probably due to the above reasons.

Players out there will look at us and think why would I want to be apart of a potential relegation battle. ERGO the top players will look up not down.

But somehow some still blame the manager who only said he wanted, he never said he will.

If you’re insinuating that I’m blaming Cocu for this palaver, you’re mistaken.

Archived