January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

So, be interesting who we can offload then with players that won't have featured and where Cocu can see us strengthening. 

Will see more of his philosophy by then and chance to imprint his style. 

Big 3 months for players on the fringe. 

Wouldn't it be great if we could go and get a galactico - someone way above the level of the Championship, who's won everything there is.....

I don't know - Wayne Rooney? - how  mad would that be? ?

I always say that there's no shame being fast... but have to say to this is too rapid even for me. Loan window for other leagues are still open, let see who goes out on loan first.

Martin, Anya, Thorne, Lowe, youngsters?

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Anya's really getting on my tits now ! Just doesn't get the message , your careers shirt Ikechi , have fun and go and play . 

Lol... why? Maybe he's not had any offers come in for him, maybe he wants to fight for a place? He arguably played decent in pre season and if he carries on working hard then who knows what could happen.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Lol... why? Maybe he's not had any offers come in for him, maybe he wants to fight for a place? He arguably played decent in pre season and if he carries on working hard then who knows what could happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd not had any offers. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

No one

No more panic signings, we will probably be at least 10 pts from top 6 but easily clear from relegation

Identify targets and work in background for summer deals

Could you imagine the melt down on this forum if he didn't sign anyone? For the record though, I tend to agree wth you, it wouldn't be such a bad thing unless we urgently need to cover injuries.

11 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

No one

No more panic signings, we will probably be at least 10 pts from top 6 but easily clear from relegation

Yes I would agree, the squad is probably big enough. Maybe room for a decent keeper though.....

11 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Jordan Rhodes anybody in Jan? Loan till end of season. Frozen out at Weds. 

Not for me. He's a good poacher, but he offers absolutely nothing else. I don't think he's as good as any of our current three strikers and would rather see Whittaker given a go instead of an expensive (in terms of wages) loan.

46 minutes ago, Anon said:

Not for me. He's a good poacher, but he offers absolutely nothing else. I don't think he's as good as any of our current three strikers and would rather see Whittaker given a go instead of an expensive (in terms of wages) loan.

Agree with the fact he isn’t better than the 3 we have. Marriott is a better version of what Rhodes is now.

14 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

No one

This is pretty much what is said every single window, under the guise of “transition”. I’m sorry, but if we’re gonna transition, at some point we’re gonna have to do the transfers that are required. Now I get that January ain’t an easy window so I’m not expected everything fixed in a month, but we can get started with a few deals. May need some short term signings anyway with the number of injuries we’ve had.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

This is pretty much what is said every single window, under the guise of “transition”. I’m sorry, but if we’re gonna transition, at some point we’re gonna have to do the transfers that are required. Now I get that January ain’t an easy window so I’m not expected everything fixed in a month, but we can get started with a few deals. May need some short term signings anyway with the number of injuries we’ve had.

This. Transition is such a hackneyed phrase someone needs to tell the club that for transition to be valid we need to get rid of poor players and replace them with good ones an exercise we have palpably failed on for the past number of seasons.

I'd probably look at signify a centre back , permanently , no loan . Bielik will be a midfielder he's not a centre half , he can play there but he doesn't excel there . 

Keogh as sad as it is has probably played his last game for us 

Davies isn't getting any younger 

Clarke's on loan and so far I'm undecided 

Wisdom , well don't ever think he will be first choice 

Buchanan , maybe but think he's a full back in all honesty , seen him play both and he looks better at full back 

Max Hunt , still some way off . 

That's why I think it's paramount we sign a youngish centre half who we can build around at the back . 

Personally like Joe Rodon from Swansea . Imagine that's unlikely .

44 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This. Transition is such a hackneyed phrase someone needs to tell the club that for transition to be valid we need to get rid of poor players and replace them with good ones an exercise we have palpably failed on for the past number of seasons.

I fear this won’t happen until we bring in an actually competent recruitment team...

Archived