January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Recruitment is the latest scape goat...…..We have to have one it seems!

We're 16th with the possibility of a points deduction hanging over our heads because of overspending. 

scapegoat is defined as a person/being that is blamed for others mistakes. 

Recruitment is absolutely the cause of our appalling state - it goes without saying that we've not spent our money wisely. 

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Bristol city looking at Ampudu, could he play CB for us?

I think, given our financial difficulties, if our relationship was good with Frank or Chelsea and they were willing to do us favours, we would have 4 Chelsea loans lined up by now.

Just my opinion but I think we would be 1 of the last clubs to get a player on loan from Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We're 16th with the possibility of a points deduction hanging over our heads because of overspending. 

scapegoat is defined as a person/being that is blamed for others mistakes. 

Recruitment is absolutely the cause of our appalling state - it goes without saying that we've not spent our money wisely. 

The spree of 15/16 was shocking and started this mess but I don’t think recruitments been that bad since. 

Pearson was gonna try and turn us into a pacey 4-4-2 team so in that context Anya, Wilson and Vydra weren’t bad signings. 

Nugent was a weird one but McClaren seemed to want a forward who could link. 

Rowett built a side whilst making a net profit - to do so we had to go for older players as they were cheaper. 

And we’ve been skint ever since. 

The change in managerial approach time after time is the ultimate problem. Hire a footballing manager after Wassall and start clearing out some of 15/16’s mess and we’re on the right lines. Instead we gave it Pearson and he made things worse.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's a lot of footballers in the world. A lot. 

Our squad currently is woefully short. 

Yet our recruitment team can't find one player that will improve us. 

Pinning their hopes on one and waiting all window to find out it's not possible. 

I also think the Stoke game tomorrow is very convenient for the club.

They will say "we tried to get deals over the line, but with the game it left us little time to get them done, we tried, we will go with what we have got"

Something along those lines anyway.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I also think the Stoke game tomorrow is very convenient for the club.

They will say "we tried to get deals over the line, but with the game it left us little time to get them done, we tried, we will go with what we have got"

Something along those lines anyway.

No-one who has to be directly involved in the game has to be directly involved in a transfer deal. If Cocu was expecting him at the start of the month (assuming its the same target), he gave his OK on the deal back then. Then its in the hands of folks negotiating with the other team and then the player, neither of those jobs will be done by any of the coaching staff.

I don’t really get why we are all worried about signings.

The squad is short, that is absolutely correct. But we’re not going up or down, so what would be the point in rushing into inflated deals or paying loan fees for players? 

Is Ibe going to be the next player that people use as a stick to bash our recruitment team with? Have a think why he is being bombed out of Bournemouth. If he’d never played for us before we would be asking why we’re going after out of favour PL players with attitude problems! It’s completely ridiculous how worked up people get over transfer windows

Just imagine if we do end up getting a transfer embargo next season. The common theme is, 'let Cocu get his own players in and then judge him,' but at this rate he's going to end up stuck with this bunch (minus Clarke, Hamer, probably Bogle and any whose contracts expire) for another 1 to 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just imagine if we do end up getting a transfer embargo next season. The common theme is, 'let Cocu get his own players in and then judge him,' but at this rate he's going to end up stuck with this bunch (minus Clarke, Hamer, probably Bogle and any whose contracts expire) for another 1 to 2 years. 

There is a happy thought. Have you ever thought of changing your name to BAN the Ram?

According to Derbyshire Live we are considering  a late move for Northampton Town goalie David Cornell, also being watched by Blackburn and Ipswich.

Tha Athletic also stating we are to make a late swoop for French World Cup defender Adil Rami who wants away from Fenerbahce after making only 2 appearences this season, may be something in this?

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

There is a happy thought. Have you ever thought of changing your name to BAN the Ram?

Hang on a minute ..... you replied to someone's thread yesterday who was trying to put a positive spin on things by putting down pretty much every point he made. 'We'll get punished by EFL, no one will invest, who'd actually want to sign for us?' etc. ?

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

According to Derbyshire Live we are considering  a late move for Northampton Town goalie David Cornell, also being watched by Blackburn and Ipswich

Is there a possibility that Hamer may be recalled, because of the injury to Huddersfield's keeper? 

20 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I don’t really get why we are all worried about signings.

The squad is short, that is absolutely correct. But we’re not going up or down, so what would be the point in rushing into inflated deals or paying loan fees for players? 

Is Ibe going to be the next player that people use as a stick to bash our recruitment team with? Have a think why he is being bombed out of Bournemouth. If he’d never played for us before we would be asking why we’re going after out of favour PL players with attitude problems! It’s completely ridiculous how worked up people get over transfer windows

Yep it really makes me chuckle to read so many slate the re recruitment team whilst never seeing beyond anybody who’s played for us in the past?

Ibe with the possibility of a free in the summer would be a great coup for us. No way he'll get an extension there. Surprised he's 24.

Anyone know if he's friendly with Wizzy or anyone? Not sure if that would help or hinder. 

Can someone nudge Mel over this? 

Ibe, Ince and a centre half in by tomorrow is my new dream, although at the moment hoping for one untested youth player feels like setting myself up for disappointment.

Archived