January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a fan of buying lots of players at once but I am seriously worried if we don’t get a proper centre back in this window. We need a defender, winger and goal scorer ideally. Maybe we won’t get any. It’s good the young lads have stepped up but I think our defence in particular is light. Especially with our history of injuries. 

Just now, twinthe_12 said:

The management of the team is just bad.

Look we have just let Jamie Paterson of to Bristol C. and tonight he scores again. He didn't got a chance in our team at all.

It was stipulated when we signed Paterson on loan that there was a recall clause that Bristol could trigger come January. 

It wasn't a loan termination like it was with Dowell.

Just want to mention a little gem i stumbled across.

Leonidas Stergiou.

he’s 17, plays for St. Gallen in the top Swiss league (they’re currently 2nd).

He’s played in 17 League games so far this season too.

Stats:

79% tackle success rate

64 Clearances

42 Interceptions.

For what its worth, and if our recruitment team had any sense, we’d be all over a player like this, not often you see a 17 year old dominating the centre half in a relatively decent league.

Fee? Would be between 2-5million.

Only issue is that he’s 5’10 but seems to be a quality tackler with a fair amount of speed too.

Another player would be Florinel Coman,

Plays in the Romanian League, for FC Steaua, incredible stats so far: 10 goals 9 assists in 18 games.

21 years of age, primarily a left winger but can play on the right too.

Skilful and fast too ? 

Only issue is he would be near to 8-10m.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Any day now.

Mel is busy ringing around making sure the players we have been watching "for some time" are ready to help our promotion push.

And.... when we don't bring anyone in his excuse will be we "were within hours of getting someone but the window shut"

Archived