January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I see Grosicki in talks with WBA..were we looking at him once?

We were linked a few years back in the January under Rowett. I think Nigel Adkins said they had turned down a loan offer for him, and we'd been linked with him earlier in the window, so I think it might have been a genuine link.

I don't think we'd have much chance of beating West Brom for him, mind you, but with them already having Pereira, Diangana and Phillips, Robinson coming in from Sheffield United, and now possibly Grosicki coming in as well, they seem pretty stacked on the wings, and I have to wonder where that leaves Chris Willock, the young lad they've got on loan from Benfica. He wasn't getting a look in anyway, and I think Benfica have an option to recall him, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him recalled and maybe sent elsewhere. Had an option to buy in his West Brom contract at what they called "a reasonable fee" as well. Could maybe be a possible last minute option for ourselves. Would certainly be a waste if he spends the rest of the season in the Baggies reserves.

It will be interesting to see who, if any, comes in. 

I think it's safe to say that some people in the player recruitment side should lose their jobs after the past two windows. Imagine this again next season, christ, even for the next two seasons. 

Too many talentless people in our backroom and now look at the state of the club, even if the EFL punishment comes to nothing (which I doubt it will) we're still relying on the same bunch of people on a much lower budget. This club, in its current state and with the same decision makers, will see League One before the Premier League. We can only sit back and watch in baited breathe the day where Derby County v Rochdale is a league fixture. 

33 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It will be interesting to see who, if any, comes in. 

I think it's safe to say that some people in the player recruitment side should lose their jobs after the past two windows. Imagine this again next season, christ, even for the next two seasons. 

Too many talentless people in our backroom and now look at the state of the club, even if the EFL punishment comes to nothing (which I doubt it will) we're still relying on the same bunch of people on a much lower budget. This club, in its current state and with the same decision makers, will see League One before the Premier League. We can only sit back and watch in baited breathe the day where Derby County v Rochdale is a league fixture. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/club-vacancy-football-data-analyst

Get your foot in the door here.

The fact that 'player recruitment' is often cited for the faceless people there means we actually have no real clue who is in player recruitment department.  It may be that it's altered which in turn takes time to build targets and pictures thus rushing something in this window is not ideal. If you can't get first and second choices then in my opinion bringing nobody in is a better option tha ln saddling us with a contract. 

I'd rather we prepared to do business early in the summer and gave them a full preseason together. 

So we actually believe that we will “do business in the summer” , I think one thing Mel does need to address in the summer is fans not believing anything that spouts from the DCFC propaganda machine.

No I can’t see us doing jack poo recruitment in the summer, that’s based on us having a system and plugging the gaps.

We don’t, that doesn’t mean I want the manager gone all I want is us all to sing from the same hymn sheet.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

West Brom been linked with Grosicki & now Atsu from Newcastle.

Atsu would be ideal for us, exactly the type of winger we need.

With Diangana, Pereira, Phillips, Robinson, Grosicki, Atsu and Willock, and Krovinovic, Edwards, Brunt, Gibbs and Robson-Kanu also able to play out wide, West Brom's going to finish this window with more wings than a bucket of KFC

13 minutes ago, JfR said:

With Diangana, Pereira, Phillips, Robinson, Grosicki, Atsu and Willock, and Krovinovic, Edwards, Brunt, Gibbs and Robson-Kanu also able to play out wide, West Brom's going to finish this window with more wings than a bucket of KFC

They have signed Callum Robinson as well but are classing him as a striker, personally would say he is a winger more than a striker

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Makes you wonder just how nigel,for all his other faults,managed to get such a fantastic squad together,largely on the very cheap back in 2013/14.

Theres clearly a way to do this if you have the knack and knowledge.

I fear we have neither at the minute.

To put it in some context by the time the 2013/14 came round he'd already been at the club for 3 and a half seasons and (by the time he was sacked) was manager over the course of 10 transfer windows.

15 minutes ago, Coconut said:

To put it in some context by the time the 2013/14 came round he'd already been at the club for 3 and a half seasons and (by the time he was sacked) was manager over the course of 10 transfer windows.

Not a great Clough Jnr fan, but can't deny he found some real steals, but some turkeys. Can't see Cocu getting that long and tbh the way he sets us up I'm glad.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not a great Clough Jnr fan, but can't deny he found some real steals, but some turkeys. Can't see Cocu getting that long and tbh the way he sets us up I'm glad.

Harsh Roy but never mind time will tell

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Makes you wonder just how nigel,for all his other faults,managed to get such a fantastic squad together,largely on the very cheap back in 2013/14.

Theres clearly a way to do this if you have the knack and knowledge.

I fear we have neither at the minute.

Cocu's signings have been mostly excellent. Problem is that PSV had money adn pulling power, we don't.

Archived