January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True. Clough Jnr got time because of his name, don't think Cocu will, it'll be all down to results.

Apart from the DCFC historical connection you think Clough Jnr is\was a bigger name in the football world than Cocu?? I think not .... all down to ones opinion Roy and like I say time will tell .... 

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Apart from the DCFC historical connection you think Clough Jnr is\was a bigger name in the football world than Cocu?? I think not .... all down to ones opinion Roy and like I say time will tell .... 

No, I meant the Clough name. Who is Cocu compared to Clough?!

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

If you think the Clough name is well known outside of this country you need to get out more.

If you don't know that what kept Clough Jnr in a job for so long was his name then you need to learn more about football, mate.

14 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

The fact that 'player recruitment' is often cited for the faceless people there means we actually have no real clue who is in player recruitment department.  It may be that it's altered which in turn takes time to build targets and pictures thus rushing something in this window is not ideal. If you can't get first and second choices then in my opinion bringing nobody in is a better option tha ln saddling us with a contract. 

I'd rather we prepared to do business early in the summer and gave them a full preseason together. 

I thought Joe McClaren (son of Steve) was Chief Scout, is that not the case?

6 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I thought Joe McClaren (son of Steve) was Chief Scout, is that not the case?

Oh no....we have much grander job titles now.

Head of Senior Scouting & Emerging Talent Development 

Whilst many on here constantly criticise our recruitment people it’s worth noting that after identifying players we may want there is the very real reality that we have to agree a transfer from another club and all the costs of that which can be very expensive especially in January but then we have to agree wages and we have clearly returned to reality since we no longer employ Sam Rush so we are not that attractive in wage terms so players are more likely not to sign for us.

the summer window is where we need to be working on intensely and probably in the free agent market as the loan market seems to be spiralling in expense 

Just now, Squid said:

put me as chief of scouting or whatever.

I'll unearth some proper gems

or Joe Mclaren just drop me a bell

Cheers

It’ll of been a easy job for them this month..... “no work in January we will just pretend we are close but it fell away at the last minute”

Archived