January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Whatever happened to him? On fire at Brentford then disappeared...……….(or is it a different Jota)?

No that one, went to Birmingham on deadline day couple years back then joined villa with Dean Smith but still think he’d be a decent loan 

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re thinking of Jozefzoon 

Unfortunately; our recruitment team don't even have the defense that he was ever on fire at Brentford. A decent season just before we signed him, 7 goals 7 assists - but if I recall that Brentford team had a really dangerous attack.

Every other season of his career have looked an awful lot, statistically, like the seasons with us.

10 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Crazy late suggestion.

Ibe.

Out of favour at Bournemouth

Playing and Training with U21s

Out of contract in the summer.

Loan until end of season, if he likes it he may sign for us?

If we sign Ibe will we get a bonus point for having the squad with the most driving convictions in the division?

Seriously,Ibe would be fantastic if his attitude and fitness are up to it.

13 hours ago, Gisby said:

Apart from the DCFC historical connection you think Clough Jnr is\was a bigger name in the football world than Cocu?? I think not .... all down to ones opinion Roy and like I say time will tell .... 

Nobody but you is using the word 'worldwide'. It was the Clough link with Derby that counted.

Our recruitment team (Whoever they are) seem to get a lot flak but for whatever reason, many players we have brought in haven’t worked out. 
Some examples of recent years; Players like Camara were impressing in France, Butterfield was doing we at Huddersfield (wasn’t he player of the year?), Jozefzoon was impressive (according to Brentford fans) and Blackman was in fine goal scoring form at Reading. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

5 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Our recruitment team (Whoever they are) seem to get a lot flak but for whatever reason, many players we have brought in haven’t worked out. 
Some examples of recent years; Players like Camara were impressing in France, Butterfield was doing we at Huddersfield (wasn’t he player of the year?), Jozefzoon was impressive (according to Brentford fans) and Blackman was in fine goal scoring form at Reading. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think your defence of the recruitment team might actually be an indictment on them ?

52 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Unfortunately; our recruitment team don't even have the defense that he was ever on fire at Brentford. A decent season just before we signed him, 7 goals 7 assists - but if I recall that Brentford team had a really dangerous attack.

Every other season of his career have looked an awful lot, statistically, like the seasons with us.

Oh god, really? I didn't realise that about him. FFS.

58 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Crazy late suggestion.

Ibe.

Out of favour at Bournemouth

Playing and Training with U21s

Out of contract in the summer.

Loan until end of season, if he likes it he may sign for us?

We should sign him. Absolutely should 100% sign him. 

We've seen his upside, he offers exactly what we need. 

Archived