January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

11 hours ago, IslandExile said:

We need CREATIVITY!!!!!!

WE KNOW!!!

Are we going to buy any in???  NO!!!

I'm pretty sure any spending this window was dependent on securing the new investment, but since Stadiumgate blew up that's no longer an option, so it's the kids until the end of the season...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Squid said:

Another player would be Florinel Coman,

Plays in the Romanian League, for FC Steaua, incredible stats so far: 10 goals 9 assists in 18 games.

21 years of age, primarily a left winger but can play on the right too.

Skilful and fast too ? 

Only issue is he would be near to 8-10m.

Apply for a job in recruitment at Derby. Do you know Scotland well also? If so you would be perfect ?

12 hours ago, Topram said:

Cocu on transfers: "Maybe we can pull something together in the next three days but if not....we go forward with the same energy and try to push each other."

That's it from his presser tonight.
#dcfcfans

And do you know what .. I’d rather that than a grab what we can at silly money 

I've resigned myself to the fact we wont be signing anyone, fortunately I'm one the negative posters when it comes to our January transfer dealings so it's easy to get my head around it.

However, not signing players is all well and good, but if that's the case, why did we allow Dowell and Paterson go back to their clubs? Why did Max Hunt leave? Why did JML go out on loan and why is Mason Bennett now going out on loan?

Even if none of those players make a minute appearance and we incur the costs of wages etc, you never know, we could need them!

52 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Apply for a job in recruitment at Derby. Do you know Scotland well also? If so you would be perfect ?

I could name atleast 15 relatively young players that could transform this side!! not to brag ? 

In all seriousness though think Mel should listen to me, those two players would be immense 

On 25/01/2020 at 19:05, Tamworthram said:

Haven't we been there before - panic signing anyone? I'd rather we didn't sign anyone rather than someone just for the sake of it and to keep some fans happy.

I think you've taken me to literal in what I am saying. I am not saying go out and buy Nick barmby, but we need someone or we could be in trouble come April. Our squad isnt great and needs an injection. I just dont get how we haven't got a player or players ready to sign on Jan 1st which in turn has left us in the position we are now. I wouldn't class the current crop as panic buys just poo buys from poo recruitment. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was it going to be for 'silly money', I think it's more like we can't even attract a decent loan - what does that say?

We are hardly a appetising prospect for anyone at the moment...

A poor reputation off the field for our antics with the sale of the stadium and our players extra curricular activities,terrible discipline,our poor form on the field ,the realisation that the investment isn't coming and the prospect of a serious points deduction likely.

I think we are going to struggle to attract any quality signings until some time has passed and the dust finally settles.

Cocus needs to make the best of what we have and get used to it!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

, but if that's the case, why did we allow Dowell and Paterson go back to their clubs? Why did Max Hunt leave? Why did JML go out on loan and why is Mason Bennett now going out on loan?

Erm... Maybe because they don't fit in, we don't need them and it's all part of cost cutting? 

Put all their appearances together and you won't get much.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was it going to be for 'silly money', I think it's more like we can't even attract a decent loan - what does that say?

That was kind of my point. In the current state if we bought anyone in we would probably end paying over the odds to “encourage” a less than enthusiastic candidate. Stick with what we have and work through our difficulties is best for me 

What's the fascination with making signings?

Unless a loan is for 18 months or a view to a permanent it isn't worth doing.

Any perm signings are not good value in Jan. 

Go with what we have unless we can get better that works long term. Doesn't matter whether we finish 10th, 14th, 16th or 19th. Season is gone. Take a look at what we have rather than bring in a loan.

Norwich finished 14th in 17/18 blooding good youngsters and changing the club focus through Farke. Next season...94 points and promotion.

24 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Go with what we have unless we can get better that works long term. Doesn't matter whether we finish 10th, 14th, 16th or 19th. Season is gone. Take a look at what we have rather than bring in a loan.

Norwich finished 14th in 17/18 blooding good youngsters and changing the club focus through Farke. Next season...94 points and promotion.

And look what happened. Rock bottom of the premier league. 

28 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

We’re desperately in need of fresh blood and better players than we currently have. Nothing wrong with signing them now - gives them more time to bed in, ready for next season. 

Archived