Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

Excellent first half that for us bar some dodgy defending/ goalkeeping of balls into the box. Passing and movement has been excellent, quick and incisive. Creating a lot of chances too which is good, but more clinical than we were in the USA but still need to work on our composure a bit. All looking good so far mind and a nice style. We’ll continue with this side into the second half id think.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liked the look of that. Obviously some rusty/sloppy moments but that’s expected in a pre-season friendly. Entertaining style of football, we looked dangerous with every attack. 

One criticism of last year was the lack of opportunities we seemed to create for ourselves. Was hoping we would address that this season. It’s only 45 mins of non-competitive football, but the signs are looking good. A lot more creative in the final third. 

Looks like we are going to play some excellent football this season, is this what Mel meant by the Derby way, Huddlestone could shine in this Derby team Coku is going to let the players play with freedom, the young lads are going to learn so much from Coku, Chelsea will be gutted they missed out on Coku, so glad we got him.

Some players we signed last season will have benefited from this pre season. Also they will be more settled. The more players you keep bringing them in the harder it is to get unity. I like the way cocu  is going to work to improve what he has already apart from a couple of loans. Any manager can make a team good by splashing the cash but a good coach should do well with what he has. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I like the look of this fancy new 415 formation ?

4 at the back is an exaggeration.

Bogle was in the box as much as anyone!

217 sometimes ? 

If Bennett's finishing doesn't improve he will fall down the pecking order to youth players pretty quickly - the sentimentality that kept him in the team last season doesn't exist anymore.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I do wander shinnie not on tge bench.

He's not travelled due to family reasons, B4. 

Probably someone in his family is unwell or something like that.

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Great stuff chaps. Sat at The Tap in Sheffield and feel like I’m at the game. Great snippets of reporting...I’m going to buy you all a pint ?...and then drink it for you. 

I think that may be my favourite pub. So much so, I always travel via Sheffield even if I'm not going that way!

Archived