Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddlestone chips a ball over the Burton defense wonderfully to Lawrence, who loses the ball slightly in the sun and can't connect with his shot.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

This team is close to Cocu's first team, barring new signings.

Aye, Marriott for Bennett and Martin will be Waghorn's backup perhaps.

I'm curious where the signings will come other than CB and GK, which I expect - even though Evans is doing well we're still very light at CB, and GK seems a really weak link for us. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Aye, Marriott for Bennett and Martin will be Waghorn's backup perhaps.

I'm curious where the signings will come other than CB and GK, which I expect - even though Evans is doing well we're still very light at CB, and GK seems a really weak link for us. 

Shinnie? Holmes?

Keogh just lost the ball in the Burton half, but not too worry, Lawrence won the ball back at the halfway line.

Meanwhile however, Knight had sprinted back to fill in for Keogh at CB, and was back in the no.10 position moments after Derby had possession back. That was really impressive.

Just now, Shang said:

Is Mason Bennett playing as a CM right now?

Right now, he seems to be. But everyone in front of Huddlestone seem to be really fluid. Everyone's constantly in different positions. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Keogh just lost the ball in the Burton half, but not too worry, Lawrence won the ball back at the halfway line.

Meanwhile however, Knight had sprinted back to fill in for Keogh at CB, and was back in the no.10 position moments after Derby had possession back. That was really impressive.

The energy and desire to get the ball back in a preseason game like this was very impressive, our players were really busting a gut to get back and win it back.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Rampage said:

How very uncrab like are The Rams

Yes its great they have come out of their shell.

Good play from Jozefzoon with support from Waghorn and Malone, the ball drops to Huddlestone but his shot from range is palmed over for a corner.

As usual, it is easily cleared.

Archived