Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Carson wouldn't have been able to play that way in the first half, regardless of shot stopping, Roos was good in his passing, he received the ball to his feet a lot and was passing it around often. 

Yes Roos is good with his feet, but his goalkeeping is poor, and he does not fill the defenders with confidence, Carson good goal keeper, but not the best with the ball at his feet, may be time for a new keeper who can do both, I am sure Coku knows where we need to strengthen.

Waghorn with a great cross to Bennett, who literally can't miss.

Although with the ball's trajectory I'm curious how far out he'd need to be for that to have missed, I reckon not far ? 

Good goal though. Well worked, well finished.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't agree with the Huddlestone part. I think he's been the key man in this whole system so far and there's no one in the squad who can do the job as well as him. Sure there's question marks surrounding his mobility, especially when defending, but no one can match his ability to get us going forward with a quick pass around the corner whilst under pressure, which has led to many of our attacks starting today

Seeing as I'm only questioning his mobility, it looks like we actually do agree!

I don't doubt his ability to get us going forward. In fact I agree with you. 

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Yes Roos is good with his feet, but his goalkeeping is poor, and he does not fill the defenders with confidence, Carson good goal keeper, but not the best with the ball at his feet, may be time for a new keeper who can do both, I am sure Coku knows where we need to strengthen.

Aren't we trying for Watford's backup keeper? 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seeing as I'm only questioning his mobility, it looks like we actually do agree!

I don't doubt his ability to get us going forward. In fact I agree with you. 

I think the energy in our attacking players tracking back, and the numbers they come back in, has been noticeable in that its resulted in reducing the amount of running Huddz has had to do. Could be by design specifically to protect Huddz from getting isolated and left for dead.

2-4, decent finish from Burton. Nowt particularly untoward from us. We lost the ball further up the field, happens.

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't agree with the Huddlestone part. I think he's been the key man in this whole system so far and there's no one in the squad who can do the job as well as him. Sure there's question marks surrounding his mobility, especially when defending, but no one can match his ability to get us going forward with a quick pass around the corner whilst under pressure, which has led to many of our attacks starting today

He’s also the key to why we are looking all at sea as soon as they win it and move forward. 

Archived