Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waghorn Hattrick 

AWFUL goalkeeping from Bywater

Really patient play from Derby in the minutes leading up to it. Jozefzoon played a big part too, as he won the ball back twice over on the right when we got a bit complacent.

Just now, Andicis said:

What I like here, which we didn't have last season, is we always have a man to pass to. Our front men are moving and getting into space and looking for a pass. As I type, Waggy hattrick.

Huddlestone is so, so good at this. Just coming short with a man behind him, then finding a pass to someone with space to run into. The worry is that Huddlestone won't manage to play all season and there's no one currently at the club who are as good (or as confident) at playing that role as he is

Dowell hits the post from a tight angle, but open goal. After a Lawrence shot was saved.

Bennett doesn't even get the rebound on target.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Huddlestone is so, so good at this. Just coming short with a man behind him, then finding a pass to someone with space to run into. The worry is that Huddlestone won't manage to play all season and there's no one currently at the club who are as good (or as confident) at playing that role as he is

I think Huddlestone could do this role all season to be honest.

He's barely moved from a 10 yard square area. The energy in our attacking players tracking back has really limited the amount he's had to run. Reminds me of Pirlo never leaving the centre circle some games for Italy ? 

Archived