Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't agree with the Huddlestone part. I think he's been the key man in this whole system so far and there's no one in the squad who can do the job as well as him. Sure there's question marks surrounding his mobility, especially when defending, but no one can match his ability to get us going forward with a quick pass around the corner whilst under pressure, which has led to many of our attacks starting today

Huddlestone's po retry much taking the Leila today. Different class. Dowell looks an accomplished footballer. Cannot wait for new signings to arrive. New goalkeeper please.

Lawrence's FK is dealt with horrendously by Bywater, and Bennett MISSES THE TARGET from 5 yards out in a fairly central position.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

He’s also the key to why we are looking all at sea as soon as they win it and move forward. 

He may be apart of the reason, but I don't personally believe he's the key to it. The goals came from poor defending at a corner and Malone taking a poor touch to give the ball away leaving them free to run down our left and cross it. So neither of them were really Huddlestone's fault and I can't think of any occasion where Huddlestone has just been left stranded as Burton players breeze past him

A total of 2 backheels in the Derby counterattack from a Burton corner, but Lawrence's curled switch just evades Jozefzoon.

Change for Derby. Dowell off, Knight on. 

GO KNIGHT GO

Archived