Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bennett and Lawrence interplay finds Bennett in the box with space. But his shot is straight at Bywater, he palms it back to Lawrence who skews his attempt to a Burton defender. Probably heading towards the corner flag.

Derby moving the ball forward really well. Patient but also efficient. 

What are we looking like defensively? Sounds great from an attacking perspective atm.

Jozefzoon's playing really well by the way.

Timing his runs very well, tracking back very well, winning the ball back in the Burton half.

Early days but I'm starting to think I was right about his relationship with Cocu being more positive than negative ? 

Liking what I am seeing so far. Dare I say Bennett and Jozefzoon looking pretty handy. Lawrence playing well. Dowell excellent.  Waghorn sharp. Bogle keeping up his impressive last season status. Malone looking strong. 

Blimey bring on the other half of the team and wow.

Cocu seems to have got a good understanding in just over 2 weeks. The future does indeed look bright

Just now, SaintRam said:

Timing his runs very well, tracking back very well, winning the ball back in the Burton half.

Early days but I'm starting to think I was right about his relationship with Cocu being more positive than negative ? 

But he's poo isn't he? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Just now, GenBr said:

What are we looking like defensively? Sounds great from an attacking perspective atm.

Most of the time, fine. 

We're forcing the play out the back philosophy, regardless of how many Burton players are on our lads - I don't think that's how we'll be in the league, cos long balls are on for Jozefzoon etc. but it's a good theatre to practice the interplay against an athletic pressing team. 

Burton haven't really created anything themselves. Any time they've attacked us through their own possession we've dealt with it easily.

This passing out from the back is very risky and against better teams they could probably force us into more mistakes than Burton have managed, but my goodness it's bloody brilliant to watch when it works. They start slow and encourage Burton to press high and then just one or two quick (and risky) passes out from the back and we're on the attack against a Burton team that is all over the place with players out of position. Then everyone bar the centre backs and Huddlestone just charge forward at pace

Interesting to see Bogle basically playing as a midfielder when he's in the oppositions half. No overlaps from him, trying inside incisive one-twos, probably to give Josefzoon as much space as possible.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree, he's been brilliant so far, aggressive in attack and always in space creating options. Looks hungry to impress here.

Just now, Shang said:

Interesting to see Bogle basically playing as a midfielder when he's in the oppositions half. No overlaps from him, trying inside incisive one-twos, probably to give Josefzoon as much space as possible.

The Dutch know how to use wingers ?

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Look ropey from crosses but not too bad,Dowell is getting through a hell of a lot of work box to box and dropping in nicely as a 2 with Huddlestone.

Archived