Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

I am not being negative at all but this just feels a bit risky? Great credentials and all that but the Championship is a tough place to come from abroad... Paul Clement?

That said this could just be THE genius appointment, DCFC aint boring that is for sure. Monk, Hughton, Moore and all would serve up the same old story. This is risky but brilliant.

God this club deserves a break... PLEASE! time for a sacrificial ceremony... what could we commit to the altar?

No more risky than Lampard was.

what would you rather, safe as houses Nigel Pearson?

Something is imminent on this as a couple of bookies have closed the market on it as far as I can see...it’s only Paddy Power that I can see him as fave at 4/11 if that market closes its done I reckon 

ohhh.... Philip Cocu and it’s Philip Cocu..... Philip Cocu and it’s Philip Cocu ??

If true an amazing statement of intent from our Mel ????

Phillip Cocu generates £85 million in player transfers during his time at PSV.

Breakdown of each season’s spend below, but a good sign of him being able to improve players and add value to a squad - something we know Mel Morris is keen on.

13/14

In - 12,870,000

Out - £37,110,000

14/15

In - 4,950,000

Out - 4,320,000

15/16

In - 18,270,000

Out - 51,750,000

16/17

In - 4,730,000

Out - 14,900,000

17/18

In - 21,000,000

Out - 39,470,000

Total in - 61,820,000

Total out - 147,550,000

Incom/Expenditure - £85,730,000

6 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

I am not being negative at all but this just feels a bit risky? Great credentials and all that but the Championship is a tough place to come from abroad... Paul Clement?

Paul Clement was just a highly rated coach “ready” for his first managerial role, Cocu has proved his managerial ability, at least with PSV.

I would love it to be Cocu but I’d be amazed if it was so lets not get carried away by a few newspaper reports and bookies odds.  We’ll know when we know, imagine all the abuse if we go on about Cocu and end up with someone else who isn’t in the same bracket.

3 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Yeah I do agree, I think I might cry at work if we announce big Dave today (nowt wrong with big Dave, loved him as a player he just isn't Cocu) 

Big Dave is / would be a crazy appointment and a massive slap in the face to wassell, if we are going down that road wassell is massively first in line before big Dave 

23 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

I would love it to be Cocu but I’d be amazed if it was so lets not get carried away by a few newspaper reports and bookies odds.  We’ll know when we know, imagine all the abuse if we go on about Cocu and end up with someone else who isn’t in the same bracket.

He certainly ticks a lot of the boxes, managers like Bielsa in the championship shows to others that it is not just the PL.

I just hope the vacancy at Newcastle does not come in the way again...

You're all getting a bit giddy.

Some reports seem to indicate a rowett-ball counter attacking philosophy, and altho he's an ex-international etc will he have the same pulling power in the transfer market?

not with that fringe.

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Played this morning on 6music to welcome Phillip Cocu to Derby County!

How long before someone has posted eight verses of rewritten lyrics, referencing every player from U18s up, to this with the cry "c'mon lads, let's get this going at Huddersfield"

49 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

There speaks a true Derby fan. Bit like what they used to say in Macclesfield. “If you can see the hills, it’s going to rain and if you can’t, then it’s raining already 

9 hours ago, Srg said:

No more risky than Lampard was.

what would you rather, safe as houses Nigel Pearson?

I’d rather have someone who knows how to get out of this league like Chris Hughton  than yet another rock star manager who will duck off to the Prem the first time they get tapped up. 

Archived