Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm fully aware of the journalists suggesting this isn't a done deal but at the same time I'm almost expected an announcement not too dissimilar from the gumps' one the other day.  Lampard out, new manager in within a few minutes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Can’t wait for Barca to steal him off us next July

Phillip Cocu’s Derby County sounds better anyway.

£2 mill for Rowett, £4mill for Lampard - £8mill for Cocu?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

He was only paid £500k at PSV wasn't he? We offered Frank £2.5 mill, so pretty sure wages won't be a problem

Just now, SamUltraRam said:

Sky Sports News just reporting Cocu as the current Fenerbahce manager

Jesus, and this is meant to be the premier sports channel in Britain

I've just watched this too - don't you think these two reporters are useless? They make more mistakes and pauses in talk because they can't even speak.

I don't know what his name is but it looks as thoughhe got his suit directly from the second hand shop. 

4 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Sky Sports News just reporting Cocu as the current Fenerbahce manager

Jesus, and this is meant to be the premier sports channel in Britain

Obsessed with themselves and ignorant about Europe?

[insert Brexit joke here]

On 12/06/2019 at 18:44, Nuwtfly said:

There I am worrying about Pardew and Hughes; there's actually some pretty decent managers available at the minute:

- Heiko Herrlich: former Leverkusen manager. Had an impressive 50% win ratio after managing the German club between July 2017 and December 2018. 

- Eusebio Di Francesco: Probably not much chance of this one as I think he's been lined up for a job in Italy, but his sides play attractive, attacking football and he had a decent win ratio with Roma. Unlikely, but available as it stands.

- Slavisa Jokanovic: We all already know about this guy. Two promotions from the Championship and his Fulham side played some of the best football I've ever seen in the Champioship. Would arguably improve upon the foundations Lampard has set in place.

- Chris Hughton: Not for me personally, but he's achieved promotions with Newcastle and Brighton, doing a fantastic job at the latter. 

- Phillip Cocu: This would be a coup (or a Cocoup). Did a quite incredible job at PSV. Disaster at Fenerbache but clearly still a talented manager. Again, I would doubt our ability to get him to manage in the Championship - but seeing Bilic go to WBA and Bielsa at Leeds, I do wonder what is possible.

You've also got some slightly more left-field choices, who would present more of a gamble. Lee Bowyer perhaps. Bruno Labbadia. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is: as much as Lampard leaving could lead to us getting things very, very wrong (as we have done in the past), it could also be an opportunity to finally get it very, very right.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

15 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Now the question is, did you suggest him early doors, or did the name pass you by ?

Not to gloat, but... ? 

Just out of interest...

If De Boer’s spell at Palace is the warning sign for what could wrong, then what was the side he had at his disposal then and was it suited to an attacking style of play that he tried to adopt there? 

Would we consider ourselves more suited to it? My one concern is that the champ is a brutal league and any defensive fragility or ‘expansive’ attacking will be exposed. Would love it to come here and work, I’m just wary that it’s not really worked before in this league and when it has (eg Fulham) it’s then a different proposition to take that into the Prem.

Archived