Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rynny said:

First season they won 22 games, 2 were 1-0

Second season they won 35 games, 5 were 1-0

Third season they won 29 games, 1 was 1-0

Fourth season they won 22 games, 5 were 1-0

Fifth season they won 26 games, 4 were 1-0

Overall won 134 and 17 were 1-0

How many were 2-0?

(This should keep him busy)

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If he was anything like Nigel Clough at chucking an extra defender on late, those 1-0 leads probably didn’t turn into 1-0 wins...

Of the 1-1 draws that PSV have had I checked all the ones with team equalising in the last 10 minutes and there were;

2 in 14/15 but no defender was put on.

1 in 16/17 but no defender was put on. 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

And bloody pricey! Where's the best place to get them in a supermarket? 

Belgium, France or Holland.

I get them from Belgiuminabox, and the prices (per 33 cl bottle) are as follows:

• Blond - €2.30
  • Dubbel - €2.30
  • Tripel - €2.50
  • Quad - €2.60
  • Isid Or - €2.50
  • Wit - €1.99

Up to 30 kg costs about €11.50 to ship, and is roughly equivalent to around 48 bottles so if you wanted a dozen each of the top four (the common ones), the total cost including shipping would be less than £120 after converting to Sterling, even at the crummy exchange rate we now have to suffer - so about £2.50 a bottle.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised we’ve held any talks with him at this stage without Lampard gone, the office isn’t even empty yet! Yet alone more talks this week, though I suppose Lampard will hopefully be gone by the point tbf and then it’s all fair game. We know Lampards going now without any reasonable doubt so I suppose we’ve gotta be ready to get our own manager recruitment done a lot quicker than Chelsea! Just need his departure to be official ASAP, hopefully tomorrow, so we can conduct the talks with cocu we need to over the next few days.

Good that cocu has shown he can work with youth. I mean it should really be something that’s important at any club, but it certainly is at our club that we make use of the academy and use players coming through who are good enough for a role in the first team. Seems obvious but many managers don’t bother, looks like cocu will so he fits well. I’m still not convinced he’ll take the job personally, I’m pretty sure he could get a job higher up than us, all still feels a little over ambitious to me. Least we should have some extra transfer funds available from lampards compo to try am persuade him.

Some young Dutch starlets on the way as loan or permanent.

2 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Anyone know his assistant at previous clubs?

At PSV:
Ernest Faber - March 2012 to June 2012, July 2013 to June 2015
Chris van der Weerden - July 2013 to June 2018
Ruud Brood - July 2015 to June 2018

At Fenerbahce:
Chris van der Weerden - July 2018 to October 2018
Erwin Koeman - August 2018 to October 2018

Faber is now PSV's academy manager, Brood is the manager of NAC Breda, and Koeman is the manager of the Oman national team. Van der Weerden is the only one currently unemployed.

Archived