Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

From Phillip Cocu to Darren Moore could there be anymore difference. My expectations would certainly be lowered with Darren Moore in change. I'd be underwelmed to say the least.

I wouldn't on this occasion. I would be happy with Big Dave or Darren Wassall.

1 hour ago, David said:

Let’s not forget even Gary Rowett left us for another Championship club the first chance he got, you would hardly label him a rock star. 

You’re never going to find a manager who sees Derby County as the end goal in football, the dream job where anything else would be a downgrade.

Be realistic about who we are and where we are, and feel comforted in the knowledge that if this rock star is tapped up after a year again it would mean we’ve just had another decent season and another fat compensation cheque is in the post.

Bring on the rock stars ??

I just want our club to be managed by someone who knows this division, knows what it takes to get promoted out of it. Chris Hughton did it with two clubs, one with money to burn and one with a smaller budget than ours at the time. He strikes me as the kind of manager who knows how to get individuals to play to their strengths, knows their limitations. and adapts his tactics accordingly. He also strikes me as a thoroughly decent person.

Bring on the best manager for the job, not the one who will garner the biggest headlines on Sky Sports.

24 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Don't think it could be more demoralising, having Lampard then being teased with Cocu......to Darren Moore!! 

Surely Mel wouldn't do that to us?!!

If Cocu doesn't want it or can't agree terms. Mel wouldn't be to blame. 

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

I just want our club to be managed by someone who knows this division, knows what it takes to get promoted out of it. Chris Hughton did it with two clubs, one with money to burn and one with a smaller budget than ours at the time. He strikes me as the kind of manager who knows how to get individuals to play to their strengths, knows their limitations. and adapts his tactics accordingly. He also strikes me as a thoroughly decent person.

Bring on the best manager for the job, not the one who will garner the biggest headlines on Sky Sports.

A lot of us are desperate to go up now and I totally understand the thinking behind bringing in a proven track record in this league, but it’s also been proven it guarantees nothing. 

Daniel Farke, David Wagner, both had zero experience in this league yet took clubs up, where as Nigel Pearson....well let’s not go there.

4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Cocu will come here..... Get us to the play offs  and then bugger off to Barcelona when they come calling 

Perfect. Then we can spend the £8m compo on our next coach CARLOS PUYOL!

Exciting times.

End of the day ar Melvyn will do what is in the best interest of the fans, the team, he will do everything he can, he always has.. He's always put everything in his ability into this club and will continue to do so, even if we don't get Cocu he won't go for a manager who won't fit the style of play we've adapted to over this past year. I highly doubt he will appoint Moore, but even if he does its because Mel will feel that he is the best fit for this club.

No matter who we appoint (Except for Tony Pulis, Rowett v2) I will be behind them, as I trust our owner to do the right thing for our club, he's as desperate to get to the Prem as our fans are, and I just hope our fans don't turn on the manager if it isn't a huge name. 

Up the Rams.

22 minutes ago, David said:

A lot of us are desperate to go up now and I totally understand the thinking behind bringing in a proven track record in this league, but it’s also been proven it guarantees nothing. 

Daniel Farke, David Wagner, both had zero experience in this league yet took clubs up, where as Nigel Pearson....well let’s not go there.

Chris Wilder, Daniel Farke and Dean Smith had never been promoted to the Prem before. The rest of the playoffs had Lampard, Bielsa, Darren Moore/James Shan as managers who again have never been promoted from the Championship.

There are a few managers such as Steve Bruce, Warnock, Hughton, etc that have multiple promotions on their records, but i cant really say i'd find any of ghem particjlarly inspiring.

There's loads of managers who've had no championship experience and done well in the past! Lampard himself got within one game of promotion having never even played at the level, let alone manage.

What's so unique about the Championship? it's not like Rugby Union/League where there's a different set of rules, it's still football.

I hope the bookies are just being idiots, I hope Cocu comes in and joins the likes of Wagner in making a success of it

Experienced Championship manager more often than not means old dinosaur who plays hoofball football. It'd be better to get some fresh ideas from outside the league, really like the thinking behind speaking to Cocu.

Archived