Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thought, but do we believe maybe the high profile nature of franks tenure / slow burn to Chelsea, will have helped to bring the club to the thoughts of someone like cocu? I just can’t imagine us of having gone from rowett to him. This whole thing has raised the profile of the Derby job just as much as Chelsea’s. I’d be thinking if frank goes to Chelsea and fails and I come to Derby and succeed, the media will lap that up. 

Surprised we’ve held any talks with him at this stage without Lampard gone, the office isn’t even empty yet! Yet alone more talks this week, though I suppose Lampard will hopefully be gone by the point tbf and then it’s all fair game. We know Lampards going now without any reasonable doubt so I suppose we’ve gotta be ready to get our own manager recruitment done a lot quicker than Chelsea! Just need his departure to be official ASAP, hopefully tomorrow, so we can conduct the talks with cocu we need to over the next few days.

Good that cocu has shown he can work with youth. I mean it should really be something that’s important at any club, but it certainly is at our club that we make use of the academy and use players coming through who are good enough for a role in the first team. Seems obvious but many managers don’t bother, looks like cocu will so he fits well. I’m still not convinced he’ll take the job personally, I’m pretty sure he could get a job higher up than us, all still feels a little over ambitious to me. Least we should have some extra transfer funds available from lampards compo to try am persuade him.

It's a trappe

1125635605_Latrappequad.jpg.de3698e3f0e35ebbf6f51ccaed4a7c19.jpg

If he takes over at Derby, this is what I'm going to be drinking quite a lot of....

For the uninitiated, La Trappe beers are produced within the Koningshoeven Trappist Monastery in the Netherlands and are utterly world-class.

38 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I've just watched this too - don't you think these two reporters are useless?

To be fair Sky are normally excellent.  Very knowedgeable, very professional, and great in heels and a tight dress.

23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

There was me thinking I'd lost the plot.....

image.png.a49bf8e2ea60df3f41c27eb4f70bfd23.png

The resemblance to me is uncanny.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

To be fair Sky are normally excellent.  Very knowedgeable, very professional, and great in heels and a tight dress.

O so you’ve been to an evening with Jeff stelling too?! ?

Can't say I know Enough about him to comment on his suitability as a manager for us,other than what I have read on here. We need to move forward from FL and the names previously being banded about neither exite me or offer anything  Imho different or better than previous managers in recent years.I am a believer that irrespective of ability , managers are suited to some clubs more than others and think this could be a good match for both Derby and Cocu.

Not concerned of his lack of experience within the championship , Would be High profile,with high expectations of him which excites me. 

Come on Mel , surely Cocu would be no more expensive than what Fl was being offered to stay and with bonuses for getting promotion would make it a very lucrative contract.

All up to uncle Mel i suppose and how confident he feels about him after talks but feeling confident about this.

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a trappe

1125635605_Latrappequad.jpg.de3698e3f0e35ebbf6f51ccaed4a7c19.jpg

If he takes over at Derby, this is what I'm going to be drinking quite a lot of....

For the uninitiated, La Trappe beers are produced within the Koningshoeven Trappist Monastery in the Netherlands and are utterly world-class.

And bloody pricey! Where's the best place to get them in a supermarket? 

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised we’ve held any talks with him at this stage without Lampard gone, the office isn’t even empty yet! Yet alone more talks this week, though I suppose Lampard will hopefully be gone by the point tbf and then it’s all fair game. We know Lampards going now without any reasonable doubt so I suppose we’ve gotta be ready to get our own manager recruitment done a lot quicker than Chelsea! Just need his departure to be official ASAP, hopefully tomorrow, so we can conduct the talks with cocu we need to over the next few days.

Good that cocu has shown he can work with youth. I mean it should really be something that’s important at any club, but it certainly is at our club that we make use of the academy and use players coming through who are good enough for a role in the first team. Seems obvious but many managers don’t bother, looks like cocu will so he fits well. I’m still not convinced he’ll take the job personally, I’m pretty sure he could get a job higher up than us, all still feels a little over ambitious to me. Least we should have some extra transfer funds available from lampards compo to try am persuade him.

Would suspect salary to be anything between one and two mill dependant on  bonuses .Was publicised FL was on £8 mill bonus for promotion which I suspect is comparable to the very top premier wages . Sure Ollie at Utd won't be on anything close to that ,Benitez was apparently on £6 mill, so I don't think wages will be a stumbling block.

Archived