Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever it is at least deserves a chance. Anyone willing to bugger off elsewhere on the sole basis that they don't like a managerial appointment needs to have a word with themselves.

I might not like who we appoint, but I will give them a chance to prove me wrong. I really didn't want McLaren the first time around and that turned out to be a brilliant season, on the flip side I was quite pleased when we appointed Pearson and he was an absolute car crash. You never know.

From the article:

The Derby players expect Cocu to be appointed – he has been discussed within their ranks – and it would be a move to excite them.

If true, makes it incredibly unlikely not to happen. 

But if it does fall through, it will have the doubly negative effect of disappointing the players as well as the fans! ? 

14 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

PSV is the only club shirt I own that isn’t Derby. We can wear them to impress Cocu!

I wouldn't even contemplate wearing a red & white shirt, but I'd be very receptive to our third shirt being a remake of the late '70's orange away shirt... my first replica, and still my all time favourite.  Can you buy them anywhere? (No longer have my original, and I'm certainly not the same size as I was at 16 anyway!)

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Chris Wilder, Daniel Farke and Dean Smith had never been promoted to the Prem before. The rest of the playoffs had Lampard, Bielsa, Darren Moore/James Shan as managers who again have never been promoted from the Championship.

There are a few managers such as Steve Bruce, Warnock, Hughton, etc that have multiple promotions on their records, but i cant really say i'd find any of ghem particjlarly inspiring.

There comes a time when a certain set of managers disappear to be replaced by newer ones. Bruce, Warnock & Hughton aren’t finished yet, but they are coming towards the end, they aren’t really a long term plan for any club now.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seriously....if it happens, we should campaign for the club to produce an orange third kit.  I think it would be a PR coup and sell thousands, definitely would get one myself.

With a black ram rearing up on its back legs like the Dutch lion....

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seriously....if it happens, we should campaign for the club to produce an orange third kit.  I think it would be a PR coup and sell thousands, definitely would get one myself.

This with a Ram on it... I'd definitely buy it.

5031302799bbfa9bf1af907562ff4b02.jpg

24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Cocu has been the only name mentioned explicitly by multiple places - including the usually reliable Percy.

People are too bothered by market prices, its simply a reflection of where the bookies want you to lose your money.

That's what everyone seems to forget... If the bookies are aware that Cocu is looking very likely to be appointed, then why not shorten the odds on an outsider to try and get a bit more money out of the gullible before the market shuts for good? Always have to remember the bookies have a vested interest

Archived