Fikayo Tomori

Day

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Also, 10m is the figure being quoted for Bogle - would you swap Bogle for Tomori? 

Not sure I would. 

Same thing crossed my mind ..... difficult choice .... not really sure myself ?

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Also, 10m is the figure being quoted for Bogle - would you swap Bogle for Tomori? 

Not sure I would. 

i would not

A good young pacy central defender is hard to find, but a quality young right fullback is even rarer

Sell Bogle buy tomori ? 

If we got tomori for flat 10 mill and sold Bogle for 10 mill or above with a sell on clause then it’s worth considering ,also dependant on what back up we have for each position in the first team squad and youngsters poss pushing to come through , central defence is very thin on the ground age wise for us?

14 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

£10m for Tomori?

Two words for you Mel

CROWD FUNDER

I'd pay £100.

Has crowd funding ever been a thing for Football transfers before? I LOVE the idea aha. 

Now, if we can just find 99,999 other people to also chip in £100 we're sorted.

14 hours ago, cannable said:

I can’t tell if he looks better than he is because his pace gets everyone around him, including himself, out of trouble loads. 

Think I’d pay £5,000,000 tops.

I think he definitely relies on his pace. While he has his pace I don’t think that’s necessarily a problem and I think he improved quite a lot in other parts of his defensive game last season.

Hes always going to be susceptible in the air as he is relatively short for a centre back but I am not sure there was anyone more dominant on the ground in this league by the end of last season. 

Someone with his pace and strength, great positioning, quality recovery tackles, and fantastic in the air is a £50m-£60m (if not more) player these days as they’re as rare as rocking horse dump. While he’s gaining experience it’s natural he’ll rely on what he already has which is the first two of those traits.

Thats not to say I’d pay £10m for him. He’s definitely worth that amount but a club in our position spending it would be absolutely crackers. 

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

Thats not to say I’d pay £10m for him. He’s definitely worth that amount but a club in our position spending it would be absolutely crackers. 

Not if on 30/6/2020 he is valued, by ourselves still at £10m.  Impact on FFP would only be his wages

I'd take the chance on him, as I think he'd only increase in value - plus his wages perhaps won't be as much as an experienced player at this level! £10m on Tomori, considering we've seen the likes Michael Keane go for £30m and fees are still rising, is well worth the money. 

It's not my money sure, but if we had gone down this route as opposed to trying to sign settled Championship players then we perhaps wouldn't have had so many have such low resale value. 

I'm staying at the same hotel as the Croatian under 21 squad at the moment. As they will be playing England in the group stages of the European Championships I am singing "You'll never beat Tomori" to them every time they walk past in the hope it will be subliminally absorbed before the game.

I could also slip them a note to give to Tomori telling him to sign for us if you think it will help. ??

2019-06-08 07.48.50.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived