Fikayo Tomori

David

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not so sure, great player that he is with potential to go right to the top, some of his defending doesn’t quite match up to his ball playing skills. He’s great in the tackle but sometimes gets caught out positionally, particularly in the air, which he normally recovers with his pace. That weakness may yet be exposed in the prem, and a season in a battle lower down may sort out those weaknesses.

I actually think he'd be ready if it was in a back three next to a couple of centre halves who could dominate in the air.

Had Davies been fit last year, I think we would have ended up seeing something like this by the end of the season:

Roos
          Keogh Davies Tomori
Bogle                                   Malone
                    Johnson 
           Mount          Wilson

Waghorn Marriott

Could have seen us up!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton would be a good move for Tomori, It's basically sink or swim for him at the highest level.  Wisdom is the perfect example of what can happen if you fail in the premier league. Back in 2014 I thought wisdom was destined for big things, he now can't get near out starting 11.

7 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Everton would be a good move for Tomori, It's basically sink or swim for him at the highest level.  Wisdom is the perfect example of what can happen if you fail in the premier league. Back in 2014 I thought wisdom was destined for big things, he now can't get near out starting 11.

Wisdom may well be an option this season, certainly if we don't sign another CB. It's just if he can get himself right, he looked injured throughout last season. 

28 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I actually think he'd be ready if it was in a back three next to a couple of centre halves who could dominate in the air.

Had Davies been fit last year, I think we would have ended up seeing something like this by the end of the season:

Roos
          Keogh Davies Tomori
Bogle                                   Malone
                    Johnson 
           Mount          Wilson

Waghorn Marriott

Could have seen us up!

Perhaps it would’ve covered for his aerial defences having Davies in there, but at the top level, you can’t be covering for players decencies. You have to be a proper all rounder.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Perhaps it would’ve covered for his aerial defences having Davies in there, but at the top level, you can’t be covering for players decencies. You have to be a proper all rounder.

Good job we aren't then ? 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah that’s the point, I’m talking about him being right for Everton. We’re not at the top level so could cover his deficiencies, hence why he did so well for us. It’ll be tougher at Everton.

Apart from Burnley who plays the ball in the air?

Just now, Sparkle said:

Apart from Burnley who plays the ball in the air?

Plenty of teams will use aerially balls at times, even if it’s not their main style like it’s for the likes of Burnley, palace etc. And that’s not to mention corners, other set pieces, crosses etc. Aerial ability is still important these days, even if hoofball is on the decline.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Plenty of teams will use aerially balls at times, even if it’s not their main style like it’s for the likes of Burnley, palace etc. And that’s not to mention corners, other set pieces, crosses etc. Aerial ability is still important these days, even if hoofball is on the decline.

There was once a great quote from PEP at Man City when asked about his small team being vulnerable to corners to which he replied that they don’t give any away 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There was once a great quote from PEP at Man City when asked about his small team being vulnerable to corners to which he replied that they don’t give any away 

Well yes that would happen in an ideal world, and Man City with their unlimited funds is pretty close to that. Everton, not so much. They’ll need to defend set pieces, as do most teams in the world.

On 28/07/2019 at 23:33, uttoxram75 said:

Keogh did it at Leeds?

Did you see that bit in the Girona game when Keogh came on. Attackers closing him and Evans down, trouble ahead ? Naaa received the ball dropped his shoulder, surge from 18 yard box to half way line. Just cruised through them. Looked real class to me

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

On a side note, what a brilliant signing lemina would be for them. Absolutely awesome player from what I’ve seen of him at Southampton, his all round game is excellent and most importantly consistent- definitely ready for the step up the prem.

Surely for you to be able to tell us that a player is consistent you would need to be watching them for 90 minutes week in week out?

• 3 months later...
On 27/11/2019 at 19:14, Big Trav said:

Hehe?

We know where you live, what colour you Jim jams are and how much bog paper you use. And as to that thing you do with your boiled egg .. yukkkk 

be afraid, be very afraid, the central committee knows everything. 

Archived