Fikayo Tomori

David

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, irobinson said:

if we get to keep Frank and Tomori for next season. - then well done I say.

More than we probably all expected, and sounds like it could be on the cards (at least enough to entertain the idea).

5 hours ago, MK said:

I love this time of year, rumours a plenty from any old source. 'Some guy on the roadrider'. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up turning into a 'sky sports source' by the end of the week.

Neither would I lad. As he said it I was sceptical. Why would a young English player with loads of potential go on a permanent transfer to the Scottish league. Bonkers

Good to see a nice early meeting to discuss transfers and what we need to do in the market straight away as it opens. Hopefully that’ll have us organised to get the best players in that are the most suitable early doors. Just have to hope the recruitment team does a decent job and knows what style of players we need and look in the right places, which may not be the obvious ones. Great news Chelsea might not bring Tomori back, surprises me with their transfer embargo that they don’t want him back to join the squad or to sell on a perm. Or at the very least loan to a higher level cause he could deffo play there, maybe no one will take the risk? Looking more and more likely by the day that he’ll stay with us another year which is good unexpected news. Think we always doubted we’d be able to keep hold of the other two as well, not much new there. Can see mount making it at Chelsea as he’s an unreal talent, Wilson I’m not sure is worth that money to be honest. Overall game isn’t good enough.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good to see a nice early meeting to discuss transfers and what we need to do in the market straight away as it opens. Hopefully that’ll have us organised to get the best players in that are the most suitable early doors. Just have to hope the recruitment team does a decent job and knows what style of players we need and look in the right places, which may not be the obvious ones. Great news Chelsea might not bring Tomori back, surprises me with their transfer embargo that they don’t want him back to join the squad or to sell on a perm. Or at the very least loan to a higher level cause he could deffo play there, maybe no one will take the risk? Looking more and more likely by the day that he’ll stay with us another year which is good unexpected news. Think we always doubted we’d be able to keep hold of the other two as well, not much new there. Can see mount making it at Chelsea as he’s an unreal talent, Wilson I’m not sure is worth that money to be honest. Overall game isn’t good enough.

Let Chelsea bring back Zouma from Everton and let Fikayo decide where he wants to play - for next season at least.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Let Chelsea bring back Zouma from Everton and let Fikayo decide where he wants to play - for next season at least.

Currently in the first team: Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Ampadu (Cahill leaving)

Out on loan: Zouma, Kalas, Miazga, Hector, Omeruo, Clarke-Salter

Personally, I can’t see Tomori being in their first team squad for next season

49 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Tbf you’ve gotta think they would see zouma ahead of Tomori, surprised he’s never really been given a chance before. (not really cause it’s chelsea but still..). Certainly seems they’re willing to let him stay here for another year which is excellent for us, one less player to replace 

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Currently in the first team: Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Ampadu (Cahill leaving)

Out on loan: Zouma, Kalas, Miazga, Hector, Omeruo, Clarke-Salter

Personally, I can’t see Tomori being in their first team squad for next season

I did mention this last week. Also from a practical point, there are no 21 year old centre halves playing for their own club in the prem, not really sure any would offer 1st team football to one on loan. 

Mount is similar, but as an attacking player could have a bit part in a lower prem team. Is that enough for his development?

10 hours ago, Topram said:

His Instagram post suggest he won’t be coming back 

I'd be inclined to agree. Teammates also wishing him luck and saying it's been a pleasure playing with him suggests he might not be back. But it's all speculation and guesswork based on a social media post so maybe best not to read too much into it until we know more.

Below for those who haven't seen it.

3 minutes ago, MK said:

I'd be inclined to agree. Teammates also wishing him luck and saying it's been a pleasure playing with him suggests he might not be back. But it's all speculation and guesswork based on a social media post so maybe best not to read too much into it until we know more.

Below for those who haven't seen it.

Well I guess if I were he, and it wasn’t 100% regards a return I’d get my thank you’s in too.  I wish him and all of them the best, great set of lads.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well I guess if I were he, and it wasn’t 100% regards a return I’d get my thank you’s in too.  I wish him and all of them the best, great set of lads.

Agreed. There will be long conversations ahead and I imagine he has no idea where he'll be next season. 

Him sending a thank you message is normal - I don't think it means anything.

Archived