Fikayo Tomori

David

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/05/2019 at 20:28, HantsRam said:

They've all conducted themselves really well.

Best set of loanees I can remember us having. Sure we've had the individual good un. But to have 3 forming the nucleus of our side so successfully is unprecedented for us.

? to all 3 of them.

Has Leon osman finally had to hand over his king of the loan crown? I think tomori has taken it. 

17 hours ago, Ramos said:

Has Leon osman finally had to hand over his king of the loan crown? I think tomori has taken it. 

I think Wisdom already took it - And then made the rookie mistake of signing for us permanently - Everyone knows a player is MUCH worse when he's a Derby player than when he's someone else's player

However I do agree with the sentiment - Tomori definitely number 1 loan player (although much love for Wilson and Mount still)

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think Wisdom already took it - And then made the rookie mistake of signing for us permanently - Everyone knows a player is MUCH worse when he's a Derby player than when he's someone else's player

However I do agree with the sentiment - Tomori definitely number 1 loan player (although much love for Wilson and Mount still)

If Wisdom took it off Osman (doubtful, I suspect) then Thorne definitely took it off Wisdom.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If Wisdom took it off Osman (doubtful, I suspect) then Thorne definitely took it off Wisdom.

I hear thorne betrayed wisdom after supporting his claim for the crown. I might be getting things mixed up though #gameofthornes 

2 hours ago, harryram said:

Would be a massive step back for the lad, a few competitive games a season and that's just champions league. 

Those few competitive games a season didn’t do Van Dijk any problems... far too disrespectful to that league when we had two teams finish on nearly 100 points (and over 20 points higher than the next best side) in the supposed best league in the world...

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Those few competitive games a season didn’t do Van Dijk any problems... far too disrespectful to that league when we had two teams finish on nearly 100 points (and over 20 points higher than the next best side) in the supposed best league in the world...

Disrespect for that league, it's garbage. Celtic would be a mid table prem team at very best, rangers championship and the others champ to league 1

I can sort of agree on the disrespect thing but the disparity in the SFL is massive in comparison.  Beyond Celtic and Rangers there are three teams who average mid teens as their average attendance.  The other seven (over half) don't average above 7,000.

In fact the team ranked twelfth in the attendance league average only 2,829 fans per game.  To put that into perspective, in English League football only 5 teams (Forest Green, Stevenage, Macclesfield, Crawley and Morecombe) have lower attendances and they all sit squarely in the lower echelons of our fourth tier.  I know a teams ability isn't directly linked to how many watch them play but it certainly goes a long way to framing budgets etc.  So in essence the quality of the challenge if Tomori did go over the border would be around the League 1 or 2  level for large parts of the season, lower championship for 12 games and high end Premier League for 4 games.

Doesn't mean there aren't great clubs in Scotland or that great players can't come from or via Scotland, just that as an independent league it's a bit weak depth wise.  If I were Tomori, I'd sit back and see what offers come in.  I'd love it for him to decide to come back to Derby but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Germany instead of Premier League.  This is because I think he's more suited to a top 6 EPL team who press high than a lower end team who look to contain.  I just can't see him getting lots of game time in a top 6 EPL team.  Yet.

Definitely interesting times and choices for the lad.

10 minutes ago, harryram said:

Disrespect for that league, it's garbage. Celtic would be a mid table prem team at very best, rangers championship and the others champ to league 1

So what you're saying is he'd be trading a upper-end championship side for a mid-table premier league standard side? Who just so happen to play a fair few teams no worse than our middle to lower sides in this division? 

13 minutes ago, harryram said:

I think your being a but generous, put Celtic's team in the Championship and they would struggle to compete with for Playoffs. If you look at their side there's not many that would make it into our side. Maybe 2-3 at best. 

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

I think your being a but generous, put Celtic's team in the Championship and they would struggle to compete with for Playoffs. If you look at their side there's not many that would make it into our side. Maybe 2-3 at best. 

I don't agree - I'd have quite a few of their players - Simunovic I like, Griffiths and Sinclair would be good additions, Tierney and Forrest I've heard good things about - And I don't pay attention to scottish football 

If Shinnie is good enough for us and we're being linked with that Souttar lad then players at the team who comfortably won the league again must be good enough

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I don't agree - I'd have quite a few of their players - Simunovic I like, Griffiths and Sinclair would be good additions, Tierney and Forrest I've heard good things about - And I don't pay attention to scottish football 

If Shinnie is good enough for us and we're being linked with that Souttar lad then players at the team who comfortably won the league again must be good enough

Its easy to rubbish Celtic as they've no real domestic opposition then get humped by vastly superior European teams, but they do have some decent players.

10 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

I think you've got that round the wrong way. 

I reckon Bogle would improve Celtic. I honestly can't think of any other current Derby player that would get into Celtics starting 11.  

9 hours ago, cheron85 said:

You are correct.

As much as is pains me to say it, Tierney would get a start at all top 6 clubs in England. He is a better player than Robertson. 

Ajier is being talked about as the next Van Djyk. 

Calum Mcgregor would make a good signing for mid table prem club. Leicester are meant to be interested.  

Archived