Fikayo Tomori

David

38 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’ve seen stranger things happen I suppose, could see Derby getting Offered Hector/Clarke-Saltier (is that how you spell it) 

Think Clarke-Salter was captain of the U21 team but didn't look too impressive, but there again, all the defenders committed howlers (Tomori included) so surely they can't all be that bad?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think Clarke-Salter was captain of the U21 team but didn't look too impressive, but there again, all the defenders committed howlers (Tomori included) so surely they can't all be that bad?

True mate. I seen reports *again* saying Leeds wanted that Clarke-salter but thought lampard was going to tell them where to go.

i only watched one game of the under 21s and he seemed very vocal and rather hard in a challenge

22 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Just don't get this anti-Burnley stuff - without their generous donation of £20m for 2 of our players we would have been deeply embedded in the mire with regard to FFP.

You might not admire his style of football but Dyche has done an amazing job to keep Burnley in the PL for the last 3 seasons.

I confess I am conflicted by Burnley. I admire them for all they've achieved under Dyche. Yet simultaneously I hate them for their canny knack of always beating us. 

Dyche must've been guttered when we lost to QPR – that was 6 points in the prem he was all but guaranteed had we gone up!

One thing you would get with Frank is that he'd always go for the best option for his players. If Tomori was offered Derby or Everton, Frank would tell him to go to a PL team so he could develop as much as possible. If there's top half PL teams after him we have no chance.

2 hours ago, Shang said:

One thing you would get with Frank is that he'd always go for the best option for his players. If Tomori was offered Derby or Everton, Frank would tell him to go to a PL team so he could develop as much as possible. If there's top half PL teams after him we have no chance.

Gametime being the caveat. If Tomori comes to us he's nigh on certain to get plenty of games. Can the same be gauranteed at Everton? No good going to a Prem club and ending up warming the bench.

Not a regular source but...

...someone who I should think is reliable has told me we're talking with Chelsea about two loans, both with decent prospects of happening. And one of those is Tomori.

My take is that we know how much he loved last season and he was Player of the Year and he might simply feel at home and committed to the club and want to come back. In which case this could be done sooner rather than later.

Or he might be happy to return to Derby but not be so committed - he'd rather play in the Premier League if he gets a good offer with a reasonable chance of playing time, in which case any deal wouldn't happen until close to deadline day as all these moves depend on other moves meaning it's wait and see until the last minute.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

...someone who I should think is reliable has told me we're talking with Chelsea about two loans, both with decent prospects of happening. And one of those is Tomori.

My take is that we know how much he loved last season and he was Player of the Year and he might simply feel at home and committed to the club and want to come back. In which case this could be done sooner rather than later.

Or he might be happy to return to Derby but not be so committed - he'd rather play in the Premier League if he gets a good offer with a reasonable chance of playing time, in which case any deal wouldn't happen until close to deadline day as all these moves depend on other moves meaning it's wait and see until the last minute.

Carl, mate, this is the equivalent of whispering sweet nothings to me. 

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I hope the other is Van Ginkel????

1 minute ago, Kyle guest said:

I hope the other is Van Ginkel????

I'm not even sure he's even fit, but it would be nice. He definitely hasn't joined up with the Chelsea squad for pre-season yet, like everyone else. He was in New York a few days ago too. If this is going to happen it will have to be later in the window, I would suspect. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not even sure he's even fit, but it would be nice. He definitely hasn't joined up with the Chelsea squad for pre-season yet, like everyone else. He was in New York a few days ago too. If this is going to happen it will have to be later in the window, I would suspect. 

Agree, loans don’t tend to get sorted until further on in the window but if we could get Tomori and Van Ginkel it would be class 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Reading PSV fans on reddit after we appointed Cocu, they think he won’t be fit this season at all. 

Shame if that’s the case then, isn’t he out of contract at the end of the season? Could be picked up at a low fee or on a free if Chelsea decide against renewing his contract, he’s 26 not going to make it there now you wouldn’t have thought 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Don't we all, if he's fit. Seems uncertain. No info on who the other player might be. 

We only asked for two! Utter outrage - at least 3 or 4 would have the other championship clubs really annoyed apart from all the Portuguese assembling at camp red dog I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We only asked for two! Utter outrage - at least 3 or 4 would have the other championship clubs really annoyed apart from all the Portuguese assembling at camp red dog I suppose 

"Clubs can sign a maximum of four players from any one club - but only two of these can be over the age of 23."

14 hours ago, BagRam said:

Tomori not in the chelsea squad, Mount, Abraham have joined up 

20 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but he was already there. Mount & Abraham arrived later.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/08/chelsea-s-pre-season-squad-boosted-with-additional-players?cardIndex=0-1

Mate, your #itk status is on its arse, give it up. ?

1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but he was already there. Mount & Abraham arrived later.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/08/chelsea-s-pre-season-squad-boosted-with-additional-players?cardIndex=0-1

13 additional players on top of the 22 already there?! 

I know the demands of Premier League and European football are greater than the Championship, but 35 players at a training camp seems a little excessive, doesn’t it? Especially as Frank wanted to work with a trim squad last year (proof being some of our fringe senior players never training with the first team).

Archived