Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news to me that the talks were planned after the PO final, not a reaction to the Chelsea interest. Still not sure myself that it’s warranted but at least it’s not some panic trigger reaction, it’s been thought through clearly (as expected) so fair play to MM. If he signs he’ll be staying as well no doubt at all, anyone saying it’s for extra compensation is off their heads- if frank signs this, he stays. Not 100% convinced he will but that’ll be what will happen if he does, and that would be brilliant for us having a bit of stability. If Chelsea REALLY do still want him I still expect him to withdraw from talks with us mind and leave. Just have to wait and see. Least it should hurry Chelsea up, I do still expect him to leave myself so if he is let’s get on with it.

28 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Just playing devil's advocate... IF Chelsea wanted Frank and IF he decided to stay at Derby instead of going... that could be an end to our Chelsea loans? And some would argue without those vital Chelsea loans we might have been pretty mediocre 

Don't see why that would have any influence on loan decisions.  The club that loans a player out gains just as much from a deal as the loaning club does, especially, as is the case here that the loaning club plays a similar style as the better PL clubs do

45 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Just playing devil's advocate... IF Chelsea wanted Frank and IF he decided to stay at Derby instead of going... that could be an end to our Chelsea loans? And some would argue without those vital Chelsea loans we might have been pretty mediocre 

Reality is, if Chelsea make an approach, Lampard will be off. If they don't, then things stay as they were. 

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

Can we only loan players from Chelsea then ? ...........

Just askin ! 

6 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Can we only loan players from Chelsea then ? ...........

Just askin ! 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

There’s only one club in England to loan from ?

Mason Mount in particular we only got because of the lampard link. It was well published at the time that Chelsea wanted him in the prem but he wanted to play under lampard

There's 1000s of loan players available, but very few of that quality 

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sky really don't like us. been going on for years.

It’s ok, we can all sing a bit louder, with more passion every time they visit, telling them how much we’d like them to multiply and remind them, they are a bunch of bamfords!

I don’t put a lot of sway into the fact that Frank has “opened contract talks” with Mel, equally don’t put a lot into the speculation that “he’s gone”. Frank is a professional guy, I imagine at a minimum, out of courtesy to the club he will sit and listen to what is offered, and the plans for the coming season. Equally, if Chelsea do make an approach he’ll probably want to at least talk with them to talk about the opportunity. As fans we all think with our hearts, Frank is shrewd, I don’t think he’ll let his heart rule his head. 

My best guess, there’s only one person who will decide whether he’ll stay or go, the man himself, and he’ll make sure it’s the best decision for his career.  

2 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

I don’t put a lot of sway into the fact that Frank has “opened contract talks” with Mel, equally don’t put a lot into the speculation that “he’s gone”. Frank is a professional guy, I imagine at a minimum, out of courtesy to the club he will sit and listen to what is offered, and the plans for the coming season. Equally, if Chelsea do make an approach he’ll probably want to at least talk with them to talk about the opportunity. As fans we all think with our hearts, Frank is shrewd, I don’t think he’ll let his heart rule his head. 

My best guess, there’s only one person who will decide whether he’ll stay or go, the man himself, and he’ll make sure it’s the best decision for his career.  

Bearing in mind that if a manager asks to speak to another club, there really is no way back from there on. 

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Bearing in mind that if a manager asks to speak to another club, there really is no way back from there on. 

I think that depends on the relationship that Frank and Mel have. Mel publicly said that if Chelsea come calling he wouldn’t stand in his way, he’d wish him well. If there’s been good communication between the two of them Mel could quite easily give him a backtrack option. If Frank goes we get the compensation, and if it’s been done amicably it could easily harbour good mutual relations. If he goes and thinks “not right now” we keep a great manager. 

Archived