Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Sith Happens
Just now, ramit said:

Not as if silly threads will stop appearing, whatever the circumstances be

True,  Keogh is loving the lampard stuff, keeps him out the limelight 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I love your optimism. This thread will be going strong as long as Lampard is our manager (and probably beyond). 

Yeah, i feel a bit silly now that i have been set straight.  Gee, what was i thinking.

36 minutes ago, David said:

Fish don’t just stop eating and think what’s the point, one day they could get eaten by a shark. 

We’re not the biggest fish out there and unless you are, you can always get eaten, just the reality of the situation.

You and those tropical fish ?

20 minutes ago, JfR said:

I wouldn't put too much faith into anything Duncan Castles says

He then apologised to Benjamin Mendy by calling him Bernard

To be fair he did state the “concern” and “if so”, he didn’t say it was a fact and it turned out that Mendy did do his ACL.

22 minutes ago, JfR said:

I wouldn't put too much faith into anything Duncan Castles says

He then apologised to Benjamin Mendy by calling him Bernard

He’s got form for making stuff up then that he doesn’t know is true. Turned out to be the case but nothing like jumping the gun! 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

To be fair he did state the “concern” and “if so”, he didn’t say it was a fact and it turned out that Mendy did do his ACL.

So typical attention seeking nonsense then

1 hour ago, David said:

Potentially successful managers are always in demand the same way potentially successful players are.

I want this club to be successful and to do that we should appoint the best manager we can, sign the best players we can on contracts that protect us when the bigger fish start to circle. 

Yes I agree to an extent. But we've already admitted that we can't keep Lampard, how will that affect the squad? Every time a Prem manager gets the sack, everytime Chelsea struggle...

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sky Sports don't know their arse from their elbow.

They have reported so many different things, they reported in the week that Chelsea had approached us to speak to Frank, now they are saying 'when' they approach.

Sky Sports are not only ruining football, they are actually targeting clubs, pushing for stories to happen, trying to get players band (Tom Lawrence) and engineer fixtures like Villa v Leeds and now they are falsely reporting stories about our manager.

How can it be allowed? The organisation that funds the Premier League, that keeps the rich rich and the poor clubs poor, how can they have such a big say in the reporting of the sport?

Agree totally, just flicked SSN to see ‘what’s happening’ and their feed says ‘Lampard will have authority at Chelsea’. They’re peeing off all Derby fans with their attempts at generating news, I can hear the chants now echoing The Dirties about Sky. Hmmm can we really stoop that low?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I agree to an extent. But we've already admitted that we can't keep Lampard, how will that affect the squad? Every time a Prem manager gets the sack, everytime Chelsea struggle...

I don’t think it will affect them at all, they will be aware of his status in the game and how this all works, some of the players themselves have left clubs below us to make the step up, after a year at Ipswich did Waghorn turn round to his agent and say I can’t leave now, I’ve only just got here? No, he saw Derby being above them and chose to move, it’s no different to what any manager would do and he would leave again this summer if a better opportunity came up.

Roy, correct me if I’m wrong but was you not on the frontline looking to remove Rowett from his job, I have memories of your pitchfork being the sharpest in the crowd. 

Loyalty doesn’t appear to work both ways with you so it’s somewhat surprising to hear you calling for it and stability.

Would I be right in saying you haven’t been that fond of Lampard this season either, I have sensed unhappiness with how the team has performed this season which is fine, but I’m finding this loyalty thing a little hard to understand from you given Lampard’s achievements are now on par with McClaren. 

I think you’re the hardest man to please on the forum if I’m honest, you want Derby to appoint a manager that builds an entertaining team around Chris Martin, achieves promotion in his first season and believes managing Derby is the pinnacle of his career.

I don’t see who that man is, if you have anyone in mind that you think would fit your requirements I would love to hear who they are.

25 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think it will affect them at all, they will be aware of his status in the game and how this all works, some of the players themselves have left clubs below us to make the step up, after a year at Ipswich did Waghorn turn round to his agent and say I can’t leave now, I’ve only just got here? No, he saw Derby being above them and chose to move, it’s no different to what any manager would do and he would leave again this summer if a better opportunity came up.

Roy, correct me if I’m wrong but was you not on the frontline looking to remove Rowett from his job, I have memories of your pitchfork being the sharpest in the crowd. 

Loyalty doesn’t appear to work both ways with you so it’s somewhat surprising to hear you calling for it and stability.

Would I be right in saying you haven’t been that fond of Lampard this season either, I have sensed unhappiness with how the team has performed this season which is fine, but I’m finding this loyalty thing a little hard to understand from you given Lampard’s achievements are now on par with McClaren. 

I think you’re the hardest man to please on the forum if I’m honest, you want Derby to appoint a manager that builds an entertaining team around Chris Martin, achieves promotion in his first season and believes managing Derby is the pinnacle of his career.

I don’t see who that man is, if you have anyone in mind that you think would fit your requirements I would love to hear who they are.

That's me, where do I sign up?

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, didn’t Gary Rowett sign a bumper new contract   January last year before leaving for stoke in the summer? Contracts don’t mean a lot in football.

Agree about contracts meaning naff all but I don't recall Stoke (or any other club) being interested in Rowett when he signed a new contract in January so this situation with Lampard is somewhat different.

29 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think it will affect them at all, they will be aware of his status in the game and how this all works...

Most managers appointed wouldn't start from the premise of they're gonna leave us. I guess at the start it wasn't clear how that would pan out over the season. For me I got fed up with being 'FLs DCFC' - others love it. It's not about loyalty is it but about the perception of it. Mac stayed but he was pilloried for how it affected the team. Isn't the same happening already with Lampard. 

Your problem is you have rose-tinted spex. Some of us start with them but see the colour change to transparent. I didn't like Rowett for his persona and his football. He was all talk and no show, but I said that in the end if he'd got promotion then you couldn't complain. Lampard isn't the same but I'm not convinced by his ability to deal with the reality of lower league football, I think Chelsea would be a great move for him, he could deal with football & footballers on his wavelength.

Of course I can easily chose a manager that fits your description - not. That however doesn't lessen my opinions or pov in the slightest. 

Finally official, taken long enough. Not sure I buy the homesick thing entirely, think it was more the fans, as usual by Chelsea, moaning increasingly.

That move should allow things to get moving now fortunately, should see the speculation either come true or end over the coming days. I expect to hear more tomorrow.

Archived